British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Berwick (Champ) 1600 Hours Sunday 01/08/21

SCB office have received the referee's report.  They confirm the £100 fine for Theo Pijper and that Kye Thomson was excluded from Heat 10 for unfair riding.

Anyone suggesting that Kye's exclusion was for a second starting-gate offence is just plain incorrect.   To say the least.

• Like 1

Unfair riding…. I’m sorry but that is an absolute crock of $h1te :angry:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Unfair riding…. I’m sorry but that is an absolute crock of $h1te :angry:

A suppose the referee has to make a decision,,, nobody seems to be defending the other Berwick guy, (who it seems was trying to gain an advantage by not clearing the track). Someone said that referee's aren't paid much, so maybe its time to get some professional people in to make those decisions, or even some sort of V.A.R and everyone can get back to living in a perfect world? ;)

12 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A suppose the referee has to make a decision,,, nobody seems to be defending the other Berwick guy, (who it seems was trying to gain an advantage by not clearing the track). Someone said that referee's aren't paid much, so maybe its time to get some professional people in to make those decisions, or even some sort of V.A.R and everyone can get back to living in a perfect world? ;)

Pjiper took one for the team with the old can't get my bike off the track when we were on wrong end of a 5-1 lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When Newcastle was the team to beat away from home and were on a 1-5, I saw many times one of the home riders deliberately fall and stay down

and not make any effort to clear the track and get the race rerun, hoping in some occasions that his partner gated and won the race.

I always maintained that if this was a case of blatant cheating by the home team, the race should be awarded when the race was stopped and this

would stop this trick but the Referee has to rerun the race unless it was the last lap. 

Edited by scampispeedway

3 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

When Newcastle was the team to beat away from home and were on a 1-5, I saw many times one of the home riders deliberately fall and stay down

and not make any effort to clear the track and get the race rerun, hoping in some occasions that his partner gated and won the race.

I always maintained that if this was a case of blatant cheating by the home team, the race should be awarded when the race was stopped and this

would stop this trick but the Referee has to rerun the race unless it was the last lap. 

Think it was the 1st lap when Pjiper came to grief

23 minutes ago, Normski said:

Think it was the 1st lap when Pjiper came to grief

Can't the referee award the race, even if the leader is entering his third lap?

32 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

That happens weekly though, just common sense really, can’t get annoyed at it, because it’s not something that a particular team or rider does, everyone does it

Agree ,at the week-end a couple of GP boys done lay it down and try a get a re-run.Even the GP refs get it wrong.

• Like 1

James Wright looks so inconsistent an could well struggle at number 2.

Roynon started the season well but one has to wonder just how many more bad knocks the lad can take. Hats off to him though, he must have balls of steel 

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Roynon started the season well but one has to wonder just how many more bad knocks the lad can take. Hats off to him though, he must have balls of steel 

Who says he will be at #2?

On 8/2/2021 at 9:35 PM, Midget said:

I disagree, riding at number 6 gives you rides against the opposition's 1-6, plus he's had many r/r rides covering number 2 races! I don't see a great downturn coming in his form!

On 8/2/2021 at 6:17 PM, scampispeedway said:

You also have to consider the crowd though, paying good money for some 1 lap races! They had a right a few years back, if you were losing a 5-1 & laid down for a re-run your partner started off 15m in the re-start!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

You also have to consider the crowd though, paying good money for some 1 lap races! They had a right a few years back, if you were losing a 5-1 & laid down for a re-run your partner started off 15m in the re-start!

and that would probably have resulted in Kye not getting excluded. ;)