British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Glasgow. KO Cup Quarter Final. Sat 31-07-21 7-00pm

All in all a good night 2 sets of fans enjoying the racing and a good crac on here next day thats what its all about :t:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Hope the 2 Berwick boys are okay. 

a lot of grit and resilience shown by Bandits tonight. Could have been a great Cup tie if events ht 1 hadn’t happened. Flint a big miss too.

Danyon Hume scoring 8+2 was a more than adequate replacement for Leon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

All in all a good night 2 sets of fans enjoying the racing and a good crac on here next day thats what its all about :t:

There always is a good atmosphere between Berwick and Glasgow fans.

For what it's worth, from where I was standing on the back straight, it looked like there was contact between Wells and Andersen's front wheel. In the grand scheme of things it's irrelevant, Glasgow were going through anyway. Better effort from  Berwick last night, maybe it took two riders having to pull out the meeting with injury to galvanise them? But nobody was getting close to Craig Cook last night.

The racing was poor last night, very one line. There were a couple of races where Andersen and Hume were clearly faster than Sedgeman, but because he rode the correct line there was no way through. I thought the afternoon rain might have helped the track but obviously not.

Maybe I'm being silly here, as I have no experience of track preparation, but I can't see the point of seemingly taking dirt from the corners with the grader and dumping it on the back straight. Obviously I'm missing something.

• Like 2

Unfortunately track alterations have failed to improve the racing IMO,whether different track prep would make a difference we have to leave that to the experts.Like I have said before the riders have a big say how they want it IMO.

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

For what it's worth, from where I was standing on the back straight, it looked like there was contact between Wells and Andersen's front wheel. In the grand scheme of things it's irrelevant, Glasgow were going through anyway. Better effort from  Berwick last night, maybe it took two riders having to pull out the meeting with injury to galvanise them? But nobody was getting close to Craig Cook last night.

The racing was poor last night, very one line. There were a couple of races where Andersen and Hume were clearly faster than Sedgeman, but because he rode the correct line there was no way through. I thought the afternoon rain might have helped the track but obviously not.

Maybe I'm being silly here, as I have no experience of track preparation, but I can't see the point of seemingly taking dirt from the corners with the grader and dumping it on the back straight. Obviously I'm missing something.

Edited by Fromafar

7 hours ago, topsoil said:

Yesh what was the point of dumping that big mound of dirt on the back straight ? We got two 5-1's after they done that , so we weren't bothered 

8 hours ago, topsoil said:

That's been happening a few times. I commented about it to guy next to me asking him if he knew what had happened to The Wonderwheel , in my opinion it made a better job of spreading the loose material around