British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

Former World Finalists who appeared in Prov. League.

9 minutes ago, Split said:

It was the other way round for Chum Taylor (who rode in a world final in 1960 and subsequently for Poole in the Provincial League) and Ray Cresp (who rode in a world final in 1961 and subsequently for St Austell  in the Provincial League). I'm open to correction but I don't believe that either Bryan Elliott or Reg Luckhurst ever rode in the Provincial League.

Luckhurst rode on loan for Edinburgh in the PL in 1960 and Elliott appeared in 3 PL matches for Leicester towards the end of 1962.

Guest compost
36 minutes ago, Split said:

It was the other way round for Chum Taylor (who rode in a world final in 1960 and subsequently for Poole in the Provincial League) and Ray Cresp (who rode in a world final in 1961 and subsequently for St Austell  in the Provincial League). I'm open to correction but I don't believe that either Bryan Elliott or Reg Luckhurst ever rode in the Provincial League.

My 'subsequently' list was for riders who appeared in a world final after 1959 who had also ridden in the Provincial League. The order PL/WF or WF/PL wasn't considered just that they matched both.

The out of date averages file I used to compile the second list didn't list Brett and I missed Cole/Bodie.

Edited by compost
typo corrected

Didn't Reg Luckhurst ride for Edinburgh in 1960 in Prov. League

You beat me to it again BL65-must admit I didn't know about Bryan Elliott though