British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Club Merchandise

4 minutes ago, Lord Skid said:

Surely that Clothing is bespoke, have never seen it in a Pencarrie catalogue.

Afraid not......a lot more than pencarrie these days

Jumping in late re: pricey Guns 'n' Roses t-shirt at £40, I can easily believe it.  In 2019 I saw KISS at Manchester Arena (brilliant, mate) and merch prices were out of this world, i.e. very high.  T's were in the region of £30 - £40, 'sweats about £60, hoodies about £80, etc, etc, ever upwards.  Now some KISS fans are known for literally filling their houses with KISS stuff, no-one is forced to buy of course and the clothing was / is quality 'Fruit Of The Loom' stuff, but I saw few fans wearing or carrying new merch, one reason is the ''new T' design wasn't the greatest, IMO, and also likely the pricing.  Myself, it could be said I own some KISS stuff (most was presents), but I didn't buy a thing at the show....

Edited by martinmauger
added info

2 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Jumping in late re: pricey Guns 'n' Roses t-shirt at £40, I can easily believe it.  In 2019 I saw KISS at Manchester Arena (brilliant, mate) and merch prices were out of this world, i.e. very high.  T's were in the region of £30 - £40, 'sweats about £60, hoodies about £80, etc, etc, ever upwards.  Now some KISS fans are known for literally filling their houses with KISS stuff, no-one is forced to buy of course and the clothing was / is quality 'Fruit Of The Loom' stuff, but I saw few fans wearing or carrying new merch, one reason is the ''new T' design wasn't the greatest, IMO, and also likely the pricing.  Myself, it could be said I own some KISS stuff (most was presents), but I didn't buy a thing at the show....

Fortunately I waited until there was a 20% sitewide promotion on so managed to pick it up for around £30. Seems like a decent shirt too. And don't knock Fruit of The Loom, I'm still wearing some FOTL boxer shorts that I picked up in the states around 15 years ago lol.

A mate of mine bought a Jean Alesi baseball cap at Silverstone for £45 about 30 or so years ago... :D

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

A mate of mine bought a Jean Alesi baseball cap at Silverstone for £45 about 30 or so years ago... :D

Had he been on the Jean Alesi juice??!!?? :drink:

21 hours ago, iainb said:

Fortunately I waited until there was a 20% sitewide promotion on so managed to pick it up for around £30. Seems like a decent shirt too. And don't knock Fruit of The Loom, I'm still wearing some FOTL boxer shorts that I picked up in the states around 15 years ago lol.

I speak as I find and if Fruit Of the Loom it isn't the best though I thought it ok, then it made the stuff even less good value, but of some tour merch I've seen FOTL stuff is pretty good.  Tour progs / tourbooks were £25ish at the venue, later decided I wanted one afterall and picked up a mint example soon afterwards for £15 inc P&P off a well-known selling site....

Went to Scunthorpe-Redcar last Friday - first speedway meeting since 2017 - and was a little surprised to discover there is no longer a track shop at Normanby Road.

I was told, by a regular, Scunthorpe couldn't find anybody willing to take on the concession.

With respect to the likes of the late Dave Rattenbury, it's always bemused me why speedway clubs (unlike the majority in other team sports) don't source and sell their own merchandise.

1 hour ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

With respect to the likes of the late Dave Rattenbury, it's always bemused me why speedway clubs (unlike the majority in other team sports) don't source and sell their own merchandise.

Was he "Flash"?

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Was he "Flash"?

I gather those who knew him well called him 'Mars Bar' Dave. For years, he did the track shops at places like Buxton, Middlesbrough, Stoke and Wolverhampton. He was a well known face in speedway.

I always knew him as 'Dave Ratt'', for obvious reasons, he also ran the track shop at Hull for a few years and he was certainly an amusing & interesting character....

King's Lynn have a very well-stocked shop at every home meeting - loads of hats, shirts etc including rider ones. 

Would only buy at a meeting anyway - not the same in the post!

On 8/19/2021 at 2:15 AM, martinmauger said:

I always knew him as 'Dave Ratt'', for obvious reasons, he also ran the track shop at Hull for a few years and he was certainly an amusing & interesting character....

I knew Dave for donkeys years. I first met him on the TeeMill tours in the early 1980's. Apart from speedway he was a massive Wolves football fan and one of the top ground hoppers in the country. He'd seen both sports all over the world. He was a larger than life character and a bit of a wide boy, but i liked him a lot.