British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Eastbourne vs Plymouth 31/07

Could anyone advise the best way to get from the town centre out to Arlington please 

Heading along to this as had flights and accommodation booked already for when this was meant to be a double header with Armadale.

Is a taxi my best option? Looking at Google maps public transport seeks a bit sparse 

cheers 

2 hours ago, gmuncie said:

Could anyone advise the best way to get from the town centre out to Arlington please 

Heading along to this as had flights and accommodation booked already for when this was meant to be a double header with Armadale.

Is a taxi my best option? Looking at Google maps public transport seeks a bit sparse 

cheers 

Yes I  think taxi is best option, I'm not local to Arlington but drive there regularly and I've not seen any public transport nearby and the stadium is a long way down a country road that definitely has no buses going down it.  Car park opens 5p.m and turnstiles 6p.m, hope you enjoy your visit.

• Thanks 1

Public transport is a non-starter unfortunately. 

Although it's only about 8 miles from the town centre to Arlington Stadium it may be worth leaving a little earlier than you might expect, as there are major roadworks taking place between Polegate and the Cophall roundabout that may increase your journey time.  I'm not sure what it's like in the evenings as I don't take that route to Arlington, however on a Saturday afternoon a couple of weeks ago it took me 25 minutes to travel about a mile, and that was with the judicious use of filtering on my motorbike.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gmuncie said:

cheers 

Might be worth getting off at Polegate train station, closer to the track and a cheaper taxi fare..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Might be worth getting off at Polegate train station, closer to the track and a cheaper taxi fare..

Absolutely. There is a taxi firm very near to the station.

• Thanks 1

Sadly it's a shambles at Arlington tonight, tapes not tested in the hour before the meeting and found to have no power just before the first heat.  Supposedly giving it ten more minutes for the sparkie to fix it before going off the green light instead.

3 hours ago, SuperSpeed said:

Sadly it's a shambles at Arlington tonight, tapes not tested in the hour before the meeting and found to have no power just before the first heat.  Supposedly giving it ten more minutes for the sparkie to fix it before going off the green light instead.

Turned in to an even bigger farce when the tractor driver hit the safety fence , damaging it and causing another delay.

6 hours ago, Bendonebunching said:

Turned in to an even bigger farce when the tractor driver hit the safety fence , damaging it and causing another delay.

Eastie will be operating the tractor replacement facility next week

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bendonebunching said:

2 hours ago, M.D said:

Eastie will be operating the tractor replacement facility next week

Makes you realise how good Bob Dugard was on the tractor, was almost part of the entertainment, the fence never seemed to be in danger, but he didn't take any prisoners with the 'dirt rakers' , they had to move out of the way a bit quick on the odd occasion.

9 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Makes you realise how good Bob Dugard was on the tractor, was almost part of the entertainment, the fence never seemed to be in danger, but he didn't take any prisoners with the 'dirt rakers' , they had to move out of the way a bit quick on the odd occasion.

...not to mention any fallen away riders laying on the track being attended to by the St John’s medics. Graded to within inches of where they laid. 

Was there a fear of rain as the track was way too dusty for enjoyment. The NDL tracks were far more heavier than that last night as I recall.

28 minutes ago, GWC said:

Was there a fear of rain as the track was way too dusty for enjoyment. The NDL tracks were far more heavier than that last night as I recall.

Definitely a threat of rain. We drove through monsoons on the way from Tunbridge Wells. It rained heavily on the way home as well.