British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Birmingham 31/07/21

4 hours ago, iainb said:

I honestly don't want to be negative but prior to the interval as a spectacle of speedway I thought it was total rubbish, with the exception of heat 2. A lot of riders were struggling to stay on their machines, with the entry to turn 1 and 3 being most problematical. There was another race as well,  2 races in 1, with about 100 yards between them,  other than that a lot of the races had the riders really strung out. 

From the interval onwards I thought it was excellent speedway and you won't see a better race than heat 13 anywhere. I think a lot of punters will go home remembering those last few races. 

Just to clarify, I was referring specifically to heat 13 and also the standard of some of the offerings on speedway gb site.

20 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Just to clarify, I was referring specifically to heat 13 and also the standard of some of the offerings on speedway gb site.

Heat 13 was certainly a cracker... people used to use the expression worth the admission money alone... before it was 17 odd quid :rofl:

• Haha 1

Don’t get me wrong there is no one more frustrated than me that a guy who has a clean field can put such a shocking track in and then promote i go all over Europe watching this great sport and it breaks me to think my local track is such a poor example of this sport it’s ok saying xyz can ride but you need to have a presentation that the majority can excel on. Here is hoping one day I win the lottery I will sort for us all .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, iainb said:

I honestly don't want to be negative but prior to the interval as a spectacle of speedway I thought it was total rubbish, with the exception of heat 2. A lot of riders were struggling to stay on their machines, with the entry to turn 1 and 3 being most problematical. There was another race as well,  2 races in 1, with about 100 yards between them,  other than that a lot of the races had the riders really strung out. 

From the interval onwards I thought it was excellent speedway and you won't see a better race than heat 13 anywhere. I think a lot of punters will go home remembering those last few races. 

What you have to remember, the track was underwater up until late last night. They did really well to get a meeting on. 
I enjoyed the meeting again last night. 
Heat 13 was the best race at BP.

17 minutes ago, Honey Monster said:

What you have to remember, the track was underwater up until late last night. They did really well to get a meeting on. 
I enjoyed the meeting again last night. 
Heat 13 was the best race at BP.

That's a shame because it maybe only needed another hours work because it certainly came alive after the interval

Been scratching my head over this. Could Birmingham have used a tactical sub? I didn't see one. I'm not up to date with the rules this season so pardon my ignorance,  If they could have used one why didn't they  - or id I miss it?

Anyway, I do hope the Brummies survive. If you're fan of the sport and live nearby please go on Wednesday!

Harris was a T/S in Heat 12 with the scores after Heat 11 at 45-21.

Edited by Gambo

1 minute ago, bluebee said:

Been scratching my head over this. Could Birmingham have used a tactical sub? I didn't see one. I'm not up to date with the rules this season so pardon my ignorance,  If they could have used one why didn't they  - or id I miss it?

Anyway, I do hope the Brummies survive. If you're fan of the sport and live nearby please go on Wednesday!

Harris in heat 12 according to Updates

Thanks for the replies. I obviously missed it - that's probably the time when I was trying to strain the shale out of my pint of Tiger! It was a bit late in the match to have much impact.

34 minutes ago, bluebee said:

Thanks for the replies. I obviously missed it - that's probably the time when I was trying to strain the shale out of my pint of Tiger! It was a bit late in the match to have much impact.

Looks like it wouldn't have had any impact at any point of the match....I'm surprised Harris was used considering he probably earns more per point? :)

12 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Looks like it wouldn't have had any impact at any point of the match....I'm surprised Harris was used considering he probably earns more per point? :)

Probably on a guarantee.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Probably on a guarantee.

Just like he was at Rye House and Somerset, don't know about Coventry, Trelawny, Exeter or St Austell but there is a pattern developing here! 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Just like he was at Rye House and Somerset, don't know about Coventry, Trelawny, Exeter or St Austell but there is a pattern developing here! 

Whatever he gets paid....he definitely earns it! Love Bomber!