British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pirates on tour. Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle.6/7/8/8/21

Pirates visit the old days of the club next weekend on a northern tour, taking in Edinburgh next Friday, Berwick on Saturday and finishing with Newcastle on Sunday. Rob and I are coming up for this, and will no doubt be joined by a few others. It’s a long way to come and the weather forecast, at the moment, is looking unsettled with light rain over the three days. Hopefully we won’t loose a meeting as it’s a long way for a one off and not something I would do. If you see us in our Poole jackets, come and say hello we are quite tame and friendly.

I myself have never been to any of these tracks so three in three days to be ticked off.

Fingers crossed for the return of Ben Cook who has been missed since his crash at Redcar a couple of weeks ago. If he is still out no doubt we will have a horses for courses guest at reserve. As for our replacement at 2,  Danny Ford said on Wednesday that they were close to announcing it but nothing until it is signed and confirmed and the rider is in the country. So a guest replacement is likely.

As for our chances, Edinburgh are likely to be our stiffest test. Second in the league and good home form. But I fancy our chances at Berwick and Newcastle. Two wins out of three would give us an almost guaranteed playoff berth, especially as we have so many home fixtures coming up throughout August.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pirates visit the old days of the club next weekend on a northern tour, taking in Edinburgh next Friday, Berwick on Saturday and finishing with Newcastle on Sunday. Rob and I are coming up for this, and will no doubt be joined by a few others. It’s a long way to come and the weather forecast, at the moment, is looking unsettled with light rain over the three days. Hopefully we won’t loose a meeting as it’s a long way for a one off and not something I would do. If you see us in our Poole jackets, come and say hello we are quite tame and friendly.

I myself have never been to any of these tracks so three in three days to be ticked off.

Fingers crossed for the return of Ben Cook who has been missed since his crash at Redcar a couple of weeks ago. If he is still out no doubt we will have a horses for courses guest at reserve. As for our replacement at 2,  Danny Ford said on Wednesday that they were close to announcing it but nothing until it is signed and confirmed and the rider is in the country. So a guest replacement is likely.

As for our chances, Edinburgh are likely to be our stiffest test. Second in the league and good home form. But I fancy our chances at Berwick and Newcastle. Two wins out of three would give us an almost guaranteed playoff berth, especially as we have so many home fixtures coming up throughout August.

enjoy those 3 meetings at new tracks for u ,as for a replacement at number 2dont think so soon as u have that choice for a rider that has never ridden for u but all in the best .......u know the rest!

Lets hope Danyon and Stefan don't suffer any injury or 'burn-out' before then having both signed for Sheffield Tigers - Stefan permanently doubling up; Danyon guesting for their next 2 meetings.

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Lets hope Danyon and Stefan don't suffer any injury or 'burn-out' before then having both signed for Sheffield Tigers - Stefan permanently doubling up; Danyon guesting for their next 2 meetings.

Danyon guesting for us tonight apparently 

Could somebody please put the Pirates new official averages up or have they not ridden anough matches.? Also does Hume ride at King’s Lynn , Poole, Ipswich, Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle this week if so  god  a gruelling schedule.

10 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Could somebody please put the Pirates new official averages up or have they not ridden anough matches.? Also does Hume ride at King’s Lynn , Poole, Ipswich, Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle this week if so  god  a gruelling schedule.

Rory Schlein 8.58

Danny King 8.27

Steve Worrall 7.69

Ondrej Smetana 5.00 (assessed)

Stefan Nielsen 4.19

Ben Cook 4.00 (assessed)

Danyon Hume *** (Rising Star)

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/championshipteamissues21

On 7/31/2021 at 10:11 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Whose managing the team, Middleditch or Havelock?

9 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Rory Schlein 8.58

Danny King 8.27

Steve Worrall 7.69

Stefan Nielsen 4.19

Ben Cook 4.00 (assessed)

Today is the 01 08 21 so issue 14 is the latest with slight changes to RS, DK, SW & SN. Neil has posted July figures

12 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Rory Schlein 8.58

Danny King 8.27

Steve Worrall 7.69

Stefan Nielsen 4.19

Ben Cook 4.00 (assessed)

Schlein's, King, Worrall and Nielsen's average have changed today. 

Schlein 8.62

Worrall 7.96

King 7.92

Nielsen 4.29

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Today is the 01 08 21 so issue 14 is the latest with slight changes to RS, DK, SW & SN. Neil has posted July figures

Yes, what a dumb cluck I am! The 1st August GSAs are:

Rory Schlein 8.62

Steve Worrall 7.96

Danny King 7.92

Stefan Nielsen 4.29

Ben Cook 4.00 (assessed)

I will be travelling up to Edinburgh and it will be my first ever visit there in 42 years of following speedway so very much looking forward to it, staying in Bathgate and hope the weather holds. I have visited Newcastle and Berwick on many occasions in the past with Berwick being a very nice area to visit. 

May also go to Newcastle but unfortunately my travel plans haven't allowed me to see the the Pirates at Berwick.

Toughest test is at Armadale but having seen them  win at Leicester the lads can do the bizzo! 

C'mon the Pirates :t:

C'mon Danyon Super Hume-an :party:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

I will be travelling up to Edinburgh and it will be my first ever visit there in 42 years of following speedway so very much looking forward to it, staying in Bathgate and hope the weather holds. I have visited Newcastle and Berwick on many occasions in the past with Berwick being a very nice area to visit. 

May also go to Newcastle but unfortunately my travel plans haven't allowed me to see the the Pirates at Berwick.

Toughest test is at Armadale but having seen them  win at Leicester the lads can do the bizzo! 

C'mon the Pirates :t:

C'mon Danyon Super Hume-an :party:

Young Hume was hugely impressive last night at Berwick when riding as a guest.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Whose managing the team, Middleditch or Havelock?

Gary Havelock is managing the team up north, as Middlo has business commitments on weekends.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Gary Havelock is managing the team up north, as Middlo has business commitments on weekends.

The almost consistent precipitation North of the Watford Gap makes his hair more ginger was what I heard, whereas the glorious sunshine South of the Gap only brings the freckles out