British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pirates on tour. Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle.6/7/8/8/21

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Not funny that his father passed away, and he took full control of the business 

I'm sure it was discussed when deciding to drop down a league was being discussed as it was out in the media pretty quickly that Middlo wasn't able to do all the away meetings. But seeing as BCD isn't in the local area for the media coverage, we'll let his cynical view off, for now!!

Pirates have just announced the replacement for Keleher at 2 and he will be riding all three meetings this weekend. Welcome to Poole Ben Basso. 20 year old Danish rider. Must admit I know nothing about him but he comes highly recommended by Nicolai Klindt and Freddy Jackobsen. A bit of a baptism of fire for the lad when he sees Edinburgh but I won’t expect too much from him this weekend.

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Not funny that his father passed away, and he took full control of the business 

Not something I was aware of

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pirates have just announced the replacement for Keleher at 2 and he will be riding all three meetings this weekend. Welcome to Poole Ben Basso. 20 year old Danish rider. Must admit I know nothing about him but he comes highly recommended by Nicolai Klindt and Freddy Jackobsen. A bit of a baptism of fire for the lad when he sees Edinburgh but I won’t expect too much from him this weekend.

The new guys in for a shock when he sees Armadale and an even bigger shock when he sees Berwick, and then onto Brough Park.:blink:

22 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

The almost consistent precipitation North of the Watford Gap makes his hair more ginger was what I heard, whereas the glorious sunshine South of the Gap only brings the freckles out

Middlo?   Hair?

31 minutes ago, screm said:

The new guys in for a shock when he sees Armadale and an even bigger shock when he sees Berwick, and then onto Brough Park.:blink:

But will be more than happy when he sees Wimborne Road :party:

9 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

But will be more than happy when he sees Wimborne Road :party:

After Edinburgh, Berwick and Newcastle he might be hot footing down to the ferry to Denmark.

54 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Currently has a higher average than Freddie Jacobsen and Peter Kildemand in european leagues.  I believe he's been Danish Champion at the various age groups below senior.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Here`s a chance to watch your new rider in action

Ben Basso 

Well if he cleans everything up for us then we'll be calling him Ben Brasso! :rofl:

• Haha 2

Superb riding for a youngster to be honest. His battle with Lasse Bjerre and Jensen at 28.45 was excellent and his ride at 32.10 was impressive. Whether he will do well in much tougher company we will have to see but 5 points a meeting is his target.

And Poland have noticed him. However he wants to come to the U.K. as it’s a guarenteed berth. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

So on board the Pirate Ship ☠️ in the galley we av Ben Cook & Ben Brasso accompanied by Michael Jackson's pet rat Ben! :rofl:

Now where's Uncle Ben? :rofl:

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Middlo?   Hair?

They used to have a good relationship but seem to have fallen out

• Haha 1

Been watching Danish league on YouTube. Very impressed with Ben. Wanted him at Newcastle. Looking forward to seeing him on Sunday 

Oh dear bloody COVID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benjamin Basso missed his Danish League meeting yesterday due to testing positive for COVID. No symptoms but has to self isolate until a negative test result.

Edited by Skidder1