British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pirates on tour. Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle.6/7/8/8/21

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Huge advantage 2 and 4. 1 is a dead dog. 

It’s ok if you gate.;)

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s ok if you gate.;)

But gates 2 and 4 gate over 1 and 3. 4 huge advantage. 

First time here. Fast racing but not close racing. Gate and go. One proper pass wells over Hume. 

King now touches tapes off one in desperate attempt to try and get a result off inside. 

Just the way it is. Poole on Wednesday was similar with gate 4 dead. Track staff should attempt even gates. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Such a shame. Seems to spoil a potentially good meeting. One bad gate is understandable but 2 is a bit much! Hopefully Newcastle is better tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But gates 2 and 4 gate over 1 and 3. 4 huge advantage. 

Well done Berwick.  So close but we just couldn't get a draw. Of all the teams to lose our unbeaten record to I didn't think it was going to be Berwick!  

Edited by lisa-colette

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well done Berwick.  So close but we just couldn't get a draw. Of all the teams to lose our unbeaten record to I didn't think it was going to be Berwick!  

Deluded & insulting as ever

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bad management. Why no Hume in Heat12?  Hed just won Heat 11. 

Not rocket science. But then again, it is Havvy................

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

First time here. Fast racing but not close racing. Gate and go. One proper pass wells over Hume. 

King now touches tapes off one in desperate attempt to try and get a result off inside. 

Just the way it is. Poole on Wednesday was similar with gate 4 dead. Track staff should attempt even gates. 

Berwick is very gate and go, best rider to pass there was Kevin Doolan, they changed the track to try and get more racing lines but unfortunately it didn't work

• Like 1

What a poor choice of manager in havelock useless hume heat 12 king should have been of 15 metres 

4 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Berwick is very gate and go, best rider to pass there was Kevin Doolan, they changed the track to try and get more racing lines but unfortunately it didn't work

Lee Complin kissing the fence was pretty good at passing at Shielfield. 
Gating absolutely crucial and gate 1 gets more difficult as the meeting proceeds 

1 minute ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Lee Complin kissing the fence was pretty good at passing at Shielfield. 
Gating absolutely crucial and gate 1 gets more difficult as the meeting proceeds 

The was before track changes and the track had dirt on it,Complin Clews and Makovsky made some spectacular passes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

No need:rolleyes:

Bit sensitive if you think that is insulting. I wouldn't expect to lose at Berwick but this my first season getting to know the Championship. It's my opinion and it's fine to think we should have won it.