Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pirates on tour. Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle.6/7/8/8/21

On paper Pirates shud av won and if you would like my experience of all things speedway I've been goin for 42 years, travelled the UK & Europe. 

Bandits did themselves proud & both sides had mixed fortunes with Havvy makin a reet couple of duff calls. 

Maybe he asked Hume to ride in heat 12, dunno.......riders do turn rides down, dunno. We can be quick to judge before we know the facts. 

Fair play to The Bandits, I thought we wud win by 10 tonight but we didn't. 

Move on........... :t:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Well done Kasper Andersen! 

Wasnt Poole the team that was touted to be able to beat Kings Lynn and Ipswich 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Recently we have an unbeaten run of 9 meetings, not the whole season!

Sorry I thought you meant all season 

3 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Well, Poole did win the toss...

But even Berwick chose 1 and 3 when we went for H15. Is that cos they would have more 2 and 4 near the end of the meeting esp H13?

Just now, mikebv said:

During Lockdown I watched plenty of old Berwick matches on YT and Complin and Makovsky certainly stood out.. 

So much so I wondered why there was talk of improving the track..

They certainly seemed to have little issue passing opponents.. 

The entrance and exit of the bends were narrow,so they took bit of the football pitch to widen them to try and make more racing lines ,unfortunately it’s not had the desired effect as there is still only one fast racing line when the track is slick.(which seems to be most weeks).Gate and go speedway.

• Like 1

Just now, KEITH M said:

Sorry I thought you meant all season 

Yeah, i prob didn't explain it very well! My fault. 

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Wasnt Poole the team that was touted to be able to beat Kings Lynn and Ipswich 

Prob still would tbh.

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said: 

Hope for a better meeting tomorrow regardless of score. 

Can only see an away win with your lot having 3 ex Newcastle riders ( including 2 number 1’s) in your side plus Rory Schlein who has rode the track umpteen times and won individual titles there .. Hope to see you tomorrow and say hello 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

On paper Pirates shud av won and if you would like my experience of all things speedway I've been goin for 42 years, travelled the UK & Europe. 

Bandits did themselves proud & both sides had mixed fortunes with Havvy makin a reet couple of duff calls. 

Maybe he asked Hume to ride in heat 12, dunno.......riders do turn rides down, dunno. We can be quick to judge before we know the facts. 

Fair play to The Bandits, I thought we wud win by 10 tonight but we didn't. 

Move on........... :t:

I thought you were a wrong poster i apologies never new who you were 

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The entrance and exit of the bends were narrow,so they took bit of the football pitch to widen them to try and make more racing lines ,unfortunately it’s not had the desired effect as there is still only one fast racing line when the track is slick.(which seems to be most weeks).Gate and go speedway.

if they moved the start to the other side  it would give a better start to the races 

1 minute ago, mac101 said:

if they moved the start to the other side  it would give a better start to the races 

Think you would still be able to fill in your programme after 1/2 lap  the majority of the time.

Just spoke to Danny King who said we should have won that. But he also said the gate 4 wins, 12 out of 15, made it so difficult on what is a track that is (almost) impossible to pass on.

But we will have to take it on the chin and move on. Hopefully very soon we will go full strength then watch out the rest of the league! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh lol. I thought you were agreeing with him! All of his comments are not required tbh!

What was the crowd like? You must have been there.

Glug , Glug , Glug 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1