Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pirates on tour. Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle.6/7/8/8/21

Misses Pirates meetings this weekend and might not be available for next weeks meeting against Redcar. 

4 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Best available guest is Zane Keleher, oh how I'd laugh

Zane wouldn't be available as he's on a 4pt ave

Any of you Poole fans who have not been to Berwick before, the Black & Gold Club is situated next to the stadium. Feel free to pop in for a pint to settle the nerves. You will find the natives a friendly bunch and we can all reminisce about the 1989 Cup Final :cheers::cheers: 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Oh dear bloody COVID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benjamin Basso missed his Danish League meeting yesterday due to testing positive for COVID. No symptoms but has to self isolate until a negative test result.

That's weird because when test and trace phoned me up cos my 9 year old caught it a month ago. I asked about if you had to do a test near the end of the ten day isolation, they said not to do another test because you can stay positive for up to 90 days! 

59 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That's weird because when test and trace phoned me up cos my 9 year old caught it a month ago. I asked about if you had to do a test near the end of the ten day isolation, they said not to do another test because you can stay positive for up to 90 days! 

He's following Danish regulations. He has no symptoms so if he tests negative after 4 days he may be released from self isolation.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

He won’t be likely to get an average this year due to only 3 away meetings left after this weekend. Do playoff meetings count to official averages? If not he will start next season the same as this.

Rob and I have just made the call to go for it tomorrow, even though the forecast is pretty dire. If it’s rained off there’s always the pub. Do any pubs in Berwick show the speedway GP ?

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He won’t be likely to get an average this year due to only 3 away meetings left after this weekend. Do playoff meetings count to official averages? If not he will start next season the same as this.

Rob and I have just made the call to go for it tomorrow, even though the forecast is pretty dire. If it’s rained off there’s always the pub. Do any pubs in Berwick show the speedway GP ?

Play-offs don’t count to averages 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He's following Danish regulations. He has no symptoms so if he tests negative after 4 days he may be released from self isolation.

Okay i thought the UK would make him follow the 10 day one before coming over! Though i am not sure what the rules are about entering the country after catching it.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Spoken like a true Brit! Could also do a bit of sightseeing, everyone always says how nice a city Edinburgh is for it.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay i thought the UK would make him follow the 10 day one before coming over! Though i am not sure what the rules are about entering the country after catching it.

no nor does anybody else :party:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ive heard that Edinburgh are going to look at the track at 9am tomorrow.

Not able to go. Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Spoken like a true Brit! Could also do a bit of sightseeing, everyone always says how nice a city Edinburgh is for it.

Not going to Edinburgh if it’s off. Heading to Berwick. Any pubs showing the gp?

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not going to Edinburgh if it’s off. Heading to Berwick. Any pubs showing the gp?

Shadders or Bandits4eva will know!!