British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pirates on tour. Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle.6/7/8/8/21

Poole guests are at number 2 Edwards;Edwards and Bowtell'

At 6 J.Wright; J.Wright and Zach Cook

Hopefully with Havvy as Team Manager, if we win the coin toss we'll defer to Heat 15?!;)

Edited by Skidder1

Poole teams for the tour: 

at Edinburgh: 1 R.Schlein; 2 J.Edwards (Guest); 3 S.Worrall; 4 S.Nielsen; 5 D.King; 6 J.Wright (Guest); 7 D.Hume - Team manager Gary Havelock 
at Berwick: 1 R.Schlein; 2 J.Edwards (Guest); 3 S.Worrall; 4 S.Nielsen; 5 D.King; 6 J.Wright (Guest); 7 D.Hume - Team manager Gary Havelock 
at Newcastle: 1 R.Schlein; 2 A.Bowtell (Guest); 3 S.Worrall; 4 S.Nielsen; 5 D.King; 6 Z.Cook (Guest); 7 D.Hume - Team manager Gary Havelock

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole teams for the tour: 

at Edinburgh: 1 R.Schlein; 2 J.Edwards (Guest); 3 S.Worrall; 4 S.Nielsen; 5 D.King; 6 J.Wright (Guest); 7 D.Hume - Team manager Gary Havelock 
at Berwick: 1 R.Schlein; 2 J.Edwards (Guest); 3 S.Worrall; 4 S.Nielsen; 5 D.King; 6 J.Wright (Guest); 7 D.Hume - Team manager Gary Havelock 
at Newcastle: 1 R.Schlein; 2 A.Bowtell (Guest); 3 S.Worrall; 4 S.Nielsen; 5 D.King; 6 Z.Cook (Guest); 7 D.Hume - Team manager Gary Havelock

must admit can see 7 points coming our way there

Not sure we will get much tomorrow night, but will be disappointed if we don’t have some success.  

We will do well to get anything at Edinburgh, though a wet track seems to help the away team more! Should get something at Newcastle and/or Berwick I think.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not going to Edinburgh if it’s off. Heading to Berwick. Any pubs showing the gp?

where you staying in Berwick

44 minutes ago, Normski said:

where you staying in Berwick

Hey Normski, I am travelling up with Steve and I am staying at the White Swan in Castlegate.

What pubs if any  in Berwick are showing the Gp?

The pirates have a great chance of winning. Wright has already scored double figures round Armadale this season and will score double what cook would. 
not forgetting Rory and stevie both ex monarchs and king can win races round the place too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Hey Normski, I am travelling up with Steve and I am staying at the White Swan in Castlegate.

What pubs if any  in Berwick are showing the Gp?

Leaping Salmon  have BT Sport so possibly there 

4 hours ago, Normski said:

Any of you Poole fans who have not been to Berwick before, the Black & Gold Club is situated next to the stadium. Feel free to pop in for a pint to settle the nerves. You will find the natives a friendly bunch and we can all reminisce about the 1989 Cup Final :cheers::cheers: 

Ah yes.  The 1989 Cup final. The scalp of the mighty Pirates by the Bandits.

We could discuss this but then I would have to insist we also discussed the 1990 season when I believe we got revenge.:D

Edited by Shaleshifter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Normski said:

Leaping Salmon  have BT Sport so possibly there 

That's a great venue and they serve great food.:t:

1 minute ago, Shaleshifter said:

That's a great venue and they serve great food.:t:

i am sure they would put it on for you

It should be a great weekend for the Pirate fans with three quick fire  meetings.And for me it shows me why the Championship is a better product than the Stale old Premiership which needs revamping.I believe the Pirates with a full side would of got something maybe a win at Edinburgh but i believe  Edinburgh will win by 8/10 pts .Berwick look to have injury problems ( ie Gappmaier -  Etheridge) so are there for the taking  and the last fixture Newcastle again the Pirates should get the win.But  it is never easy at the renownedly difficult Brough Park stadium which has always been a tough track to master.

Edited by Sidney the robin