British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB

Kent v Eastbourne 03/08/21

This should be a cracker with the news of Batch’s signing alongside the promotion of Jake Mulford  to the Championship team pitted against an Eastbourne side who must try and win the bulk of their remaining  matches to have any chance of reaching the play-offs - Pretty even on paper but really looking forward to the real thing - weather forecast looks good - should be a bumper crowd 

• Like 2

This match now looking like a brilliant nights racing and we can look forward for a change of a very good chance of winning ..It is however going to be hard for young Mudford, and Ben Morley will need to continue his battling form of last weak in the toughest position in the team at no 2...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waco said:

This match now looking like a brilliant nights racing and we can look forward for a change of a very good chance of winning ..It is however going to be hard for young Mudford, and Ben Morley will need to continue his battling form of last weak in the toughest position in the team at no 2...

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Waco, agreed, will be good to see how young Mulford copes. Hope he keeps his head and doesn’t try TOO hard. 

Jake Mulford’s first and Nathan Abilitt’s second matches in their starts for Championship sides - Two promising young  British riders who we hope have successful speedway careers - It won’t be easy for either at this stage and grade but let us hope they stay injury free and progress - Good luck to them both :t:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Jake Mulford’s first and Nathan Abilitt’s second matches in their starts for Championship sides - Two promising young  British riders who we hope have successful speedway careers - It won’t be easy for either at this stage and grade but let us hope they stay injury free and progress - Good luck to them both :t:

Nathan Ablitt spent some time at Kent and showed brilliance on occasion, very neat and compact on the bike. He retired rather suddenly and we were all very

curios as to why. Jake is a different kettle of fish.  Wild and wooly but not afraid to mix it. I think he is very exciting and deserves an extended run.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Nathan Ablitt spent some time at Kent and showed brilliance on occasion, very neat and compact on the bike. He retired rather suddenly and we were all very

curios as to why. Jake is a different kettle of fish.  Wild and wooly but not afraid to mix it. I think he is very exciting and deserves an extended run.

retired????

17 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Well, he stopped racing.

Didn't he have a recurring injury?

The official line was a crisis of confidence after a couple of crashes.

The suspicion is being one meeting from a 7-8 point average was possible a bigger factor?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

You would think batchelor be capable of 8 ish , maybe eastbourne didnt go flat out in the cup match. Tough match to call, maybe a fall or ef could make the difference on the night. Gun to head a home win .

On 7/31/2021 at 5:40 PM, waco said:

I don't understand why number 2 is considered a tough position, to me it's no different from 3 or 4! 1&5 are the tough positions!

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't understand why number 2 is considered a tough position, to me it's no different from 3 or 4! 1&5 are the tough positions!

For me it isn't the riding position thats as tough as being the transitional place. Riders at 2 have largely stepped up from reserve and the trick is to keep scoring and move into the main body proper rather than drop back down to reserve and run that yoyo performance life. It is a rapid evening though with 4 rides done by heat 10. If i was calling out the fairness of positions a number 7 rides against another reserve in every race whilst for a 6 it happens twice. Could shuffle those around a little better and switch the endless reserve swapping around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

For me it isn't the riding position thats as tough as being the transitional place. Riders at 2 have largely stepped up from reserve and the trick is to keep scoring and move into the main body proper rather than drop back down to reserve and run that yoyo performance life. It is a rapid evening though with 4 rides done by heat 10. If i was calling out the fairness of positions a number 7 rides against another reserve in every race whilst for a 6 it happens twice. Could shuffle those around a little better and switch the endless reserve swapping around.

So a shuffle and a switch instead of a swap if I get it right :)

• Haha 1