British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB

Kent v Eastbourne 03/08/21

The no2 is the transitional position from reserve up or down,, and riding with the teams no1 ,,it has traditional been known as hard for the lowest average rider in the top five....

6 hours ago, waco said:

The no2 is the transitional position from reserve up or down,, and riding with the teams no1 ,,it has traditional been known as hard for the lowest average rider in the top five....

If Ben IS placed in the number 2 race jacket, it will be his opportunity to finally establish himself as an out and out Championship level rider. He certainly has the 

ability and in recent times has shown far more aggression in his riding. IMO if he keeps that aggression going he will take the No 2 position in his stride.  I certainly

hope so, he is a great favourite with the fans at Central Park and I am one of them.

• Like 2

I like Ben, He's a good honest lad & is supported by his whole family.

But is he a number 2? I feel the number 2 jacket is to fill & so many times a rider is sacrificed in that position as the number 1 is often told to win the race & don't worry about your team mate. Which is fine because he is expected to return double figures.

I'd like to see Ben at number 4 for a while to let him find his feet outside the reserve berth. he's been a top rider in the NDL for years so he knows how to win races. But we all know how twitchy he can be on the start line. 

Good win for the Eagles with a good team performance, more comfortable than the scoreline suggests really.

Huge win for a side that tbh havent really properly hit form yet. Scotty still carrying kent.

23 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Huge win for a side that tbh havent really properly hit form yet. Scotty still carrying kent.

TBF, always a good side and a team running into form at the right time of the season.

I would have thought most would have gone with a home win today..

1 minute ago, M.D said:

TBF, always a good side and a team running into form at the right time of the season.

I would have thought most would have gone with a home win today..

If forced i would have gone with home win

Never saw this as a home win to be honest, after seeing Heeps get 0 last night at KL . 

Neither Heeps nor either of the 2 young reserves had a good evening, nothing to back up the 3 heat leaders. Still a crumb of comfort was seeing Kerr passed by both  Paul and Scott in heat 15 denying EB an extra point.

2 meetings seen this season, glimmers of some good racing mainly from Scott. 

Well done Eastbourne, they won without any track doctoring, just landed on gate 4 when it mattered after winning the coin toss. 

On 7/31/2021 at 4:49 PM, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

This should be a cracker with the news of Batch’s signing alongside the promotion of Jake Mulford  to the Championship team pitted against an Eastbourne side who must try and win the bulk of their remaining  matches to have any chance of reaching the play-offs - Pretty even on paper but really looking forward to the real thing - weather forecast looks good - should be a bumper crowd 

Well that was well worth the entrance fee - some really good closely fought speedway with the result in doubt right up until heat 14 - some superb passes - a healthy crowd though thought more would be there it being school holidays - Eastbourne will be encouraged by the all round team effort and Kent will prove difficult to beat at home now  with three solid heat leaders - :t:

43 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Well that was well worth the entrance fee - some really good closely fought speedway with the result in doubt right up until heat 14 - some superb passes - a healthy crowd though thought more would be there it being school holidays - Eastbourne will be encouraged by the all round team effort and Kent will prove difficult to beat at home now  with three solid heat leaders - :t:

Must agree with BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB.. Some astounding starts by the Eagles riders always putting the Kings on the back foot. New boy Batchelor was

obviously learning about his new home track having never even seen it before, let alone ride it.  He will soon settle down to be a regular.double figure man.

Paul Starke continues to impress and seems to get better each week.  Very lacklustre performance from Heeps who is far from the rider he was before.

The Kings really need him to be scoring 7/8 points, and if he did, home wins would be very regular. Powerful performance from Scottie who scored all his points from the back.

• Like 1

How did Troy Batchelor look tonight? A strange quote from their match report on monday night when they won at Kings Lynn said this............

"Meanwhile Troy Batchelor was also clearly struggling for full fitness as he lost positions late in races and had medical treatment after the meeting, so Tigers will need to await updates before they visit Ipswich on Thursday."

Sometimes in Speedway you dont know what to think!!!!

No sign of Troy being unfit......first time he had seen the track, and clearly doesn’t know the passing lines like Scott and Paul. Pretty much finished where he gated on debut - won his race from the hugely advantageous gate 4 in fine style. Rode conservatively getting used to the track would be my assessment. 

TBH Eastbourne gave Kent a gating lesson last night, making full use of winning the coin toss and having gate4 in the early heats.

No hose available at the Kent start line unfortunately! 

• Like 1

Another enjoyable meeting for the neutral at Central Park last night. Some great racing, well run. Ticked all the boxes for me.

• Like 1

Well you can not see better racing anywhere i my opinion...Kings problem was ,,and has been all season is gating ,,but then again this is resulting in the exciting racing ,it kind of depends which is more important to you Winning the match or great passing in many races ,,which at the moment ,you can not it appears have  it both ways,,Lets just hope eventually  improvement will give us both........

The really close finish was a joy to behold & when it was announced that Scott had taken it the roof nearly came off. what a brilliant race a credit to both riders involved, either one could have done something nasty but they gave each other room & pulled out of moves when it got to narrow. what a great show.

Good to get through a whole meeting with no re-starts & no crashes & going home just after 8PM no body had time to moan.(Memories of Frank)