British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolverhampton v Peterborough 2nd August 2021

Presume Schlein will ride for panthers Thursday?

With the new averages and with the other fixture realistically it can only be Schlein or Charles Wright. King or Lawson would be nailed on but they are both riding 

Edited by Flappy

39 minutes ago, Flappy said:

You could say that but Palin was the only other option in 14 and he wasn't troubling the scorers tonight

Think  Rob Lyon would of been intending to give Pedersen  an R/R ride  but as he wasnt going very well he had to change the plan and use Hans in both the later R/R rides

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

You could say that but Palin was the only other option in 14 and he wasn't troubling the scorers tonight

It's easy to say with hindsight, but could've use Hans more earlier on to spread out his races! However by putting your weakest reserve at 6 & giving him the hard races (after heat 2) it limits your options for "tactical" reserve changes!

I'm happy with the league point.

We need to replace Ully because R/R isn't going to cut it tbh. 

We always seem to carry one passenger in the top 5 and that will cost us meeting's running with R/R

Good meeting, fair result. Wolves not quite at it, or Panthers rode well ? You pays your money and takes your choice. Heat 15 though seemed a roller for Palm Toft and deserving of a rerun.

9 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I'm happy with the league point.

We need to replace Ully because R/R isn't going to cut it tbh. 

We always seem to carry one passenger in the top 5 and that will cost us meeting's running with R/R

I just feel for the young lads at reserve in some of these teams,  young Palin is struggling and you ask yourself what is this doing to him long term and as a product for the fans is it working?  They have 3 rides and you can’t tell me it’s good for them scoring little to no points and confidence being destroyed. Peterborough had a 5 man team and like you say even in that you are carrying a rider a meeting in the top 5. 

1 hour ago, Coventry_Bee said:

I just feel for the young lads at reserve in some of these teams,  young Palin is struggling and you ask yourself what is this doing to him long term and as a product for the fans is it working?  They have 3 rides and you can’t tell me it’s good for them scoring little to no points and confidence being destroyed. Peterborough had a 5 man team and like you say even in that you are carrying a rider a meeting in the top 5. 

The likes of Andersen should not be allowed to ride at No 7 allowing him to ride in the protected heat 8.He should be at No6.It should be the the young star at 7 for all teams.

• Like 4

Just now, Wolfie456 said:

The likes of Andersen should not be allowed to ride at No 7 allowing him to ride in the protected heat 8.He should be at No6.It should be the the young star at 7 for all teams.

Even if he was at No 6 he can still ride in heat 8.

• Haha 1

Just now, justathought said:

Your right. He got 15. 

Took him 7 rides this time though from easy reserve berth. :D

3 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Took him 7 rides this time though from easy reserve berth. :D

Heat 13 being the easiest ride he had all night :t:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coventry_Bee said:

I remember the talk during the pandemic from one of the promoters that six man teams were one plan being considered.. 

Maybe the FS scheme was a compromise to this.?

Basically six man teams and a "junior"...

Thus. It would keep the septet team structure, make it look as if we are using the 'Polish model' (to a fashion), and therefore have a development plan, and I would imagine be a 'bit cheaper' than the usual 2nd tier second string riding at No7..

And who knows, some may benefit from it..

Tom Brennan certainly appears to be able to hold his own against more experienced opponents..

Most though certainly dont add much to the entertainment factor, but hardly their fault..

The scheme works in Poland, I know some of their youngsters are light years ahead of ours at 16 but they get thrown in the deep end in their top league and while its sink or swim u til they are 21 those who do swim end up being very good. Last night may have dented Pailin's confidence a bit but he will probably score reasonably well against Lynn on Thursday and then get a hatful for Scunny next time out so he'll be fine. We have a good crop of young uns but they need to be tested and pushed.

• Like 4

Palin won't be concerned about last night. He's more suited to the bigger tracks.

In a few years time, I can see Gorzow signing him. He would be suited to that grippy type of track.

• Like 1