British Speedway Forum
Fullmax

Torun Grand Prix 2021 (Entry to Poland for UK citizens)

Were intending to travel to Torun for this year's Grand Prix ,  and as in previous years plan a road trip with various stays along the route from Rotterdam culminating in a 3 or 4 night stay in Poland.  Now we are no longer in the EU how will our trip differ from  previous years where we have always driven unchecked throughout Holland,  Germany and Poland and what changes should we expect to face ?

On 8/1/2021 at 6:20 PM, Fullmax said:

Were intending to travel to Torun for this year's Grand Prix ,  and as in previous years plan a road trip with various stays along the route from Rotterdam culminating in a 3 or 4 night stay in Poland.  Now we are no longer in the EU how will our trip differ from  previous years where we have always driven unchecked throughout Holland,  Germany and Poland and what changes should we expect to face ?

WHERE ARE YOUR PAPERS ?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

WHERE ARE YOUR PAPERS ?

Don't tell him Pike!

• Haha 2

My best friend has booked himself flights to join my party for this, and has got a Friday ticket but Saturday is showing as sold out. If anyone has a spare and is looking to sell a Saturday ticket, please get in touch.

On 8/10/2021 at 11:30 AM, AlexBrady said:

My best friend has booked himself flights to join my party for this, and has got a Friday ticket but Saturday is showing as sold out. If anyone has a spare and is looking to sell a Saturday ticket, please get in touch.

Viagogo still had tickets last night.

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

Viagogo still had tickets last night.

Thanks f-s-p, all sorted now via Facebook. Thank you.

On 9/8/2021 at 7:12 PM, JCookie said:

Don't suppose there's anything at Bydgoszcz on the Sunday? Bit late in the season perhaps?

To think that 21 years ago I was at Bydgoszcz to watch Mark Loram crowned World Champion. 

The police at the stadium had guns & very fierce looking dogs and u were hands on body searched as it was before the scanners that they have now.

Have things moved on since then?...... 

Still if you go, enjoy! :party:

7 hours ago, PirateShip said:

To think that 21 years ago I was at Bydgoszcz to watch Mark Loram crowned World Champion. 

The police at the stadium had guns & very fierce looking dogs and u were hands on body searched as it was before the scanners that they have now.

Have things moved on since then?...... 

Still if you go, enjoy! :party:

Think that was due to the Polish President attending.

Been many times to Bydgoszcz always had  a good time

Going to Torun for the GP's. Could anyone clarify how we stand regarding what covid testing is required, as we travel back to the UK mid afternoon on the 4th Oct. Cheers...

8 minutes ago, magnus said:

Going to Torun for the GP's. Could anyone clarify how we stand regarding what covid testing is required, as we travel back to the UK mid afternoon on the 4th Oct. Cheers...

If you are vaccinated I think you still have to book a day 2 test for 2 days after you get back and will have to fill out a passenger locator form with the booking reference of that test booked, the difference coming back on 4th is you won't have to have a test in Poland before you come back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

If you are vaccinated I think you still have to book a day 2 test for 2 days after you get back and will have to fill out a passenger locator form with the booking reference of that test booked, the difference coming back on 4th is you won't have to have a test in Poland before you come back.

Unless you are flying to an airport in Scotland. Seems like the Scottish Government are retaining that test :rolleyes: