British Speedway Forum
Fullmax

Torun Grand Prix 2021 (Entry to Poland for UK citizens)

Agree. Means every point is important. Didn’t Zmarzlik win a GP with 8 points into the semi?

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not really. Leigh was a great rider but never got too close to individual glory.

Sayfutdinov is not a great rider IMO. Hasn’t hit the heights I thought he would post 2010. Injuries yes but too inconsistent in Poland and SGP.

Adams on the other hand was a great servant to all of his clubs in the big three leagues simultaneously. 

Edited by Robinh88

I'm way behind on the GP, just seen the Doyle/Berntzon incident.

Now I like Tatum and Pearson but what race were they watching? If Lindgren or in years gone by Pedersen had clouted Berntzon they would have been apopleptic......just because they like Doyle they fudge the issue.

Janowski never touched Doyle, Doyle hit Berntzon, Doyle knocked him off.

Simple decision. Where is the dilemma?????

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sayfutdinov has been a brilliant gater in the past. And a brilliant rider. Have you forgot he was up with Tai when Tai won his first world champ medal.  Emil had that very serious injury when Medinski fenced him - could have been career ending. Then of course Emil went AWOL from world GPs for 3 years. He come back not the racer as he was. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, crumpiefan said:

I'm way behind on the GP, just seen the Doyle/Berntzon incident.

Now I like Tatum and Pearson but what race were they watching? If Lindgren or in years gone by Pedersen had clouted Berntzon they would have been apopleptic......just because they like Doyle they fudge the issue.

Janowski never touched Doyle, Doyle hit Berntzon, Doyle knocked him off.

Simple decision. Where is the dilemma?????

There isn’t one. Clear as day.

Think people need to start emailing mr Castagna imforming him that the present system is crap

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Think people need to start emailing mr Castagna imforming him that the present system is crap

Well the racing certainly is, this years series has generally been dreadful.

• Like 6

Happy for Laguta but how is he so far in front? I understand certain aspects of the set ups and he's a superb gater, but how can he be so far ahead after just one lap like tonight?

For all those moaning about the tracks in 2021( i thought last night`s was OK) i suggest you have a think about what was announced at the Discovery press conference yesterday.

From 2022 onwards practice and QUALIFYING will be on RACE DAY  starting at 1pm local- that means for 2 hours the track will get hammered for the equivalent of at least 1 meeting i estimate. The track staff will then only have 4 hours to get the track right for the main event in the evening !!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Like many others prefer the old style scoring system but been having a quick count up using the old way of scoring where every ride counts and if my maths are right its summit like this, Artem 170/178, Bart 158/169, Emil 113/131, Freddie 110/122. First figure being every race counts, so the top 4 doesn't change, but still prefer old way of scoring:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

For all those moaning about the tracks in 2021( i thought last night`s was OK) i suggest you have a think about what was announced at the Discovery press conference yesterday.

From 2022 onwards practice and QUALIFYING will be on RACE DAY  starting at 1pm local- that means for 2 hours the track will get hammered for the equivalent of at least 1 meeting i estimate. The track staff will then only have 4 hours to get the track right for the main event in the evening !!!!

It will be interesting to see if the tracks are better, let’s be honest they couldn’t be any worse than the gate and go dross we have seen this year.

I have been to Torun for. a GP and it was really good, last nights was very poor in comparison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

As tracks haven’t started working until 2/3rds into a meeting, this could be a very good thing.

• Like 5