Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Fullmax

Torun Grand Prix 2021 (Entry to Poland for UK citizens)

Looks like it's all over, can't see Zmarzlik making up 9 points on Laguta for 1st.  Lindgren making up 9 points on Sayfutdinov for 3rd or Madsen making up 16 points on Woffinden for 6th.

Didn't think the racing was bad last night, watched 10 heats before going to the pub and the rest when I got back, but not as good as some Ekstraliga meetings I've watched from Torun this year.  Can't understand why the FIM people take over track preparation/grading/watering, just let the guys that do it week in week out for the league meetings look after it, they clearly know it better.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Col said:

Looks like it's all over, can't see Zmarzlik making up 9 points on Laguta for 1st.  Lindgren making up 9 points on Sayfutdinov for 3rd or Madsen making up 16 points on Woffinden for 6th.

Didn't think the racing was bad last night, watched 10 heats before going to the pub and the rest when I got back, but not as good as some Ekstraliga meetings I've watched from Torun this year.  Can't understand why the FIM people take over track preparation/grading/watering, just let the guys that do it week in week out for the league meetings look after it, they clearly know it better.

Spot on on the track prep. I’ve not yet had time to go through all the changes that will  restore all the glory of the sport, but track prep will be a major disaster me thinks.

35 minutes ago, Col said:

Forget the old scoring system, even a fifteen point max for Laguta will mean nothing as long as Zmarzlik also makes the semis, even with only seven or eight points.

It now depends on just one race for Laguta, his semi-final. That is the only race that is really important for him. If Laguta finishes first, second, or even only third in his semi-final he is World Champion, but if he fails in this race, Zmarzlik has the chance to make up the nine point deficit with a win in the final.  

The first twenty heats tonight are only a warm up for the world title contenders, since neither of them will have any problems to qualify for the semi-finals (only eight or nine points needed to do that). They are well adviced not to take any unneccessary risks in the qualifying heats. For them this meeting only really starts with heat 21.  

Edited by Bavarian

10 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Forget the old scoring system, even a fifteen point max for Laguta will mean nothing as long as Zmarzlik also makes the semis, even with only seven or eight points.

It now depends on just one race for Laguta, his semi-final. That is the only race that is really important for him. If Laguta finishes first, second, or even only third in his semi-final he is World Champion, but if he fails in this race, Zmarzlik has the chance to make up the nine point deficit with a win in the final.  

The first twenty heats tonight are only a warm up for the world title contenders, since neither of them will have any problems to qualify for the semi-finals (only eight or nine points needed to do that). They are well adviced not to take any unneccessary risks in the qualifying heats. For them this meeting only really starts with heat 21.  

Laguta can still be classified in 6th place by finishing 3rd in a semi final, depends on how many he scored in comparison to the other 3rd placed semi finalist. A win by Zmarzlik would then put them level.

Edited by Hilly
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Laguta under 13 (20 heats) at Evens with BET 365 looks a sporting bet to me.

21 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

spot on no othe race  means a thing  to laguta 

Let's not also forget that this is speedway. Laguta could end up in the fence. Nothing is certain until it's over. 

16 hours ago, nw42 said:

Definitely,  I would be interested in what the respective positions would be if we were still using that system this season, might well be similar but I'd still prefer it.

Going into tonight, old way AL 169, BZ 158, ES 115, FL 103. MJ 102, TW 107.

AL has done 69 races and won 45 of them, BZ 67 races 36 wins, then the nearest is woofy on 20 race wins. Biggest gainFL 19pts ES 16pts. 

Edited by Ajr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just been catching on yesterday's Grand Prix.

What was the result of Heat 15 last night? I could swear that Thomsen finished 3rd, but SGP website has given it to Magic.

42 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

What was the result of Heat 15 last night? I could swear that Thomsen finished 3rd, but SGP website has given it to Magic.

I think he did on track but was disqualified.  I can't remember the incident (even thought it was only last night - worrying) but recall Charlie W announcing it when they handed back to the studio.

Since 2015 rider #1 position at Torun has recorded more race points than any of the other 15 spots. Drawn at #1 tonight is Artem Laguta. Looks like a first Russian world individual champion.

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Thomsen was 3rd and Magic last and the total scores are correct for the GP - Thomsen scored 6 (5 GP points) Magic 13(18 GP points)

25 minutes ago, enotian said:

I think he did on track but was disqualified.  I can't remember the incident (even thought it was only last night - worrying) but recall Charlie W announcing it when they handed back to the studio.

Since 2015 rider #1 position at Torun has recorded more race points than any of the other 15 spots. Drawn at #1 tonight is Artem Laguta. Looks like a first Russian world individual champion.

Heat 8 that was

The incident was in heat 8 when Thomson (last) put Vaculik (third) into a heavy wobbler which temporary put Vaculik shoulder out of socket and he had to pull up. Vaculik is recovering from broken shoulder and collar bones and fighting to stay in the series next year. Vaculik was out the rest of last night and not riding tonight, finishing his 2021 GP season.       
After the race, correctly the ref excluded Thomson putting Vaculik into third.