British Speedway Forum
Fullmax

Torun Grand Prix 2021 (Entry to Poland for UK citizens)

1st 20 points  Zmarzlik

2nd 18 points Sayfutdinov

3rd 16 points Janowski

4th 14 points Laguta

5th  12 points Madsen 

6th  11 points Lambert

7th 10 points Woffinden

8t 9 points  Doyle

Doubt it....

Russia not there....

More is the pity..

Zmarzlik using the "Zmarzlik corridor" again...  :D

Think Laguta was more interested in staying out of trouble, so he could enjoy the celebrations, and who can blame him ?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Doubt it....

Russia not there....

More is the pity..

Zmarzlik using the "Zmarzlik corridor" again...  :D

It’s very difficult to stop him though ,he does have the knack of still making a good corner at that speed..well done to Laguta,him and Smarzlik were head and shoulders above the rest this season.

Edited by Fromafar

Congratulations to Artem, and big kudos to Bartosz for what was a very good interview being the medal presentation

• Like 1

Not the greatest season ever, tracks have been too poorly prepared too often (soaked through),  for it to be a classic. Good tracks at that as well..

However, still plenty of top racing which highlights just how great this sport can be when properly presented and structured...

Time for a few to drop out permanently now I would hope, Zagar and KK have given excellent value over the years but some younger blood now needs to be introduced..  

Hopefully Lambert can get a WC as there are certainly a fair few examples this year where he has shown he is capable, and 10th in the world is a fair achievement...

Hopefully the Polish track bias will reduce next year and a few more technical tracks join the circus...

Great to see a brand new name to be added to the list of greats who have won the World Title..

A worthy champ this year, certainly rode different in 2021 then previous years.

I wonder if pressure to be the first Russian world champ is now gone off Emil it may see him next year as a champ contender. We will see.

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

A worthy champ this year, certainly rode different in 2021 then previous years.

I wonder if pressure to be the first Russian world champ is now gone off Emil it may see him next year as a champ contender. We will see.

Emil has been my favourite rider since he first burst onto the scene, but his inconsistency really frustrates me.I fear he will go down in speedway history as the greatest rider never to become world champion. I do hope he proves me wrong.

• Like 4

Nice touch by Bartosz to appear on Canal+ alongside Mr Gollob the best rider that has ever graced a track. Well down to all the riders and good luck in 2022

Woffinden saying he is now “fired up” A bit late Tai. Afraid the boat has already sailed on anymore world titles. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Woffinden saying he is now “fired up” A bit late Tai. Afraid the boat has already sailed on anymore world titles. 

I'm pretty sure most of us were saying that about Greg Hancock in 1999

.. and 2000

.. and 2001

.. and 2002 etc etc

.. and 2010.

And then what happened?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

1st 20 points  Zmarzlik

2nd 18 points Sayfutdinov

3rd 16 points Janowski

4th 14 points Laguta

5th  12 points Madsen 

6th  11 points Lambert

7th 10 points Woffinden

8t 9 points  Doyle

SGP have Lindgren 4th overall, as Janowski had a GP win I believe he should be 4th.

The Final Overall SGP Classification In case of Riders involved in a tie on the Final Overall SGP Classification, at the end of the SGP Series, the following will apply: 1. Run-off for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. 2. Run-off for 6th place, which is the last qualifying place for the following year’s SGP Series. 3. For all other placings Precedence will be given to the Rider having the greatest amount of SGP 1st place results, Followed by 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on in the current season. If the Tie still persists precedence will be given to the Rider with the highest Final Classification at the last round of the current SGP

9 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

SGP have Lindgren 4th overall, as Janowski had a GP win I believe he should be 4th.

The Final Overall SGP Classification In case of Riders involved in a tie on the Final Overall SGP Classification, at the end of the SGP Series, the following will apply: 1. Run-off for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. 2. Run-off for 6th place, which is the last qualifying place for the following year’s SGP Series. 3. For all other placings Precedence will be given to the Rider having the greatest amount of SGP 1st place results, Followed by 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on in the current season. If the Tie still persists precedence will be given to the Rider with the highest Final Classification at the last round of the current SGP

They have had to correct captions all season !!!! so i`m  not surprised !!!:)

Edited by racers and royals

WTF was the music they played when Laguta was on top of the rostrum? Didn't sound like the Russian anthem..... I haven't watched any podiums all season so they could have played that music all season. :D