British Speedway Forum
Fullmax

Torun Grand Prix 2021 (Entry to Poland for UK citizens)

While Bartosz takes no prisoners on the track,he appears to have plenty of friends among his others riders and is well respected and comes over as a true sportsman.He certainly is exciting in full flow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Col said:

WTF was the music they played when Laguta was on top of the rostrum? Didn't sound like the Russian anthem..... I haven't watched any podiums all season so they could have played that music all season. :D

Russian anthem, flag and national teams are not allowed due to a collective doping ban on Russian sports.

Edited by Ghostwalker

10 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

SGP have Lindgren 4th overall, as Janowski had a GP win I believe he should be 4th.

The Final Overall SGP Classification In case of Riders involved in a tie on the Final Overall SGP Classification, at the end of the SGP Series, the following will apply: 1. Run-off for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. 2. Run-off for 6th place, which is the last qualifying place for the following year’s SGP Series. 3. For all other placings Precedence will be given to the Rider having the greatest amount of SGP 1st place results, Followed by 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on in the current season. If the Tie still persists precedence will be given to the Rider with the highest Final Classification at the last round of the current SGP

This has been corrected now to show Janowski in 4th place overall. Nice symmetry that last night’s final included the eventual top four in the world.

9 hours ago, Col said:

WTF was the music they played when Laguta was on top of the rostrum? Didn't sound like the Russian anthem..... I haven't watched any podiums all season so they could have played that music all season. :D

You must not have watched any Olympics either. That’s where the ban started from a good few years ago, the cheating, the denial, but it was proven to be carrying on. So rife in Russian sport the whole nation had to be shamed. Surely you knew that.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:09 PM, Robinh88 said:

Sayfutdinov is not a great rider IMO. Hasn’t hit the heights I thought he would post 2010. Injuries yes but too inconsistent in Poland and SGP.

Adams on the other hand was a great servant to all of his clubs in the big three leagues simultaneously. 

12 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Emil has been my favourite rider since he first burst onto the scene, but his inconsistency really frustrates me.I fear he will go down in speedway history as the greatest rider never to become world champion. I do hope he proves me wrong.

I was always of the opinion the Leigh Adams and/or Emil were the best riders to never be world champion but when you look at the stats Andreas Jonsson and Jarek Hampel have a pretty good claim to this unwanted title too. With Magic and Fred catching them up quickly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Speedway_Grand_Prix_statistics

Or Igor Plechanov. But now Russia have their Champion

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

Not the greatest season ever, tracks have been too poorly prepared too often (soaked through),  for it to be a classic. Good tracks at that as well..

However, still plenty of top racing which highlights just how great this sport can be when properly presented and structured...

Time for a few to drop out permanently now I would hope, Zagar and KK have given excellent value over the years but some younger blood now needs to be introduced..  

Hopefully Lambert can get a WC as there are certainly a fair few examples this year where he has shown he is capable, and 10th in the world is a fair achievement...

Hopefully the Polish track bias will reduce next year and a few more technical tracks join the circus...

Great to see a brand new name to be added to the list of greats who have won the World Title..

Probably the worst series in a while - there was what one decent GP out of the 11 rounds in Wroclaw on the 2nd night? The rest were awful mainly down to a poor choice of venue or poor track preparation the riders deserve much better from the organisers. 

• Like 1

What surprised me yesterday, seeing as the title was on the line in the last GP and a Pole was in the running, was quite a few empty seats. Now I only watch sporadically, so it might be normal or was it down to some restriction ? Didn't seem like it though as the empty seats were also sporadic, rather than planned by the look of it

Congratulations Artem Laguta a well deserved title, this season he has certainly developed into a better rider being able to come from the back whereas in the past if he missed the start he tended to tail off. His starting technique is top notch  nerves got to him in the early heats but he pulled it out of the bag when it really mattered. I was hoping he would win it, full credit to Zmarzlik for his sportsmanship. Overall not a great series with a lot of poor racing on poor tracks, i lost enthusiasm for the GP,s this season, lets hope with Discovery going forward the series improves, there is a good opportunity to get the sport out there, lets hope its taken.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s very difficult to stop him though ,he does have the knack of still making a good corner at that speed..well done to Laguta,him and Smarzlik were head and shoulders above the rest this season.

and of course those two had engines that were "head and shoulders" above what the rest had!! hope that levels up next yr

4 minutes ago, poole keith said:

and of course those two had engines that were "head and shoulders" above what the rest had!! hope that levels up next yr

That’s the problem for others to solve.It’s strange that they seem so fast but their heat winning time are no different from most of the other race.They obviously have something better in their set-up.Emil said a few weeks ago he can’t figure it out.I assume their engines are checked after all their wins.That used to be the case.

16 hours ago, nw42 said:

Thank you for taking the trouble to do that, appreciated.  So Artem would still be in control and that's fair enough as he's been the best on show all season.  Maybe Woofy would be eyeing up a bronze medal if Emil was to have a bad night but other than that, not much difference.

Thanks again.

No worries i wanted to know myself and there really isn't that much difference, the best man won in the end, I will put all of the riders scores up  later.for you to analyse 

Thanks

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

You must not have watched any Olympics either. That’s where the ban started from a good few years ago, the cheating, the denial, but it was proven to be carrying on. So rife in Russian sport the whole nation had to be shamed. Surely you knew that.

Classical music the guy was around the back with the piano :lol:

• Haha 1

Yep. Sadly the Headline would be "Engine tuner takes the World Title and a bloke whose country can't be named held onto the handlebars !" :rolleyes: