British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Stars v Tigers 2/8/21

From kingslynn-speedway.co.uk

KING’S Lynn boss Alex Brady is urging fans to turn out in force and back his team as they look for a second successive home win on Monday (7.30).

Following jubilant scenes at their win over Belle Vue there is a ‘feel-good factor’ back at the club and Brady is keen to see that continue when they face a strong Sheffield side.

Fans are reminded to purchase their tickets in advance for the fastest way to gain entry to the stadium although pay on the night at the box office remains an option.

Brady said: “I’m just about over the narrow defeat at Ipswich on Thursday where again the boys did themselves proud.

“Now we need to head home and see the place packed. The fans made one heck of a difference with the feel-good factor against Belle Vue and they were like an extra rider for us.

“Now we need to continue that against Sheffield who have some class riders in their side, we know it will be tough but we can do it, I’m confident of that.”

Sheffield have a powerful top three with Australian duo Jack Holder and Troy Batchelor and British talent Adam Ellis. In Josh Pickerking and skipper Kyle Howarth they have good support in the second-string positions.

And the Tigers have swooped to sign Stefan Nielsen to replace the out of form James Wright at reserve in a bid to bolster their lower order.

King’s Lynn have a busy week as they head to Peterborough on Thursday with plenty of Minors and Brady Stars set to make the relatively short trip to the Showground.

KING’S LYNN: Richard Lawson, Cameron Heeps, Erik Riss, Lewis Kerr, Thomas Jorgensen, Connor Mountain, Ricky Wells.

SHEFFIELD: Jack Holder, Josh Pickering, Troy Batchelor, Kyle Howarth, Adam Ellis, Stefan Nielsen, Danyon Hume.

Edited by Bagpuss

Hoping to be there tonight. Have to have a pacemaker fitted first:o.Hopefully get discharged before 6pm then a dash down the A10 to see the Stars.

Sheffield look a lot stronger now and Batch may start scoring now he has a spot in the Championship.Could be looking at another home loss.Even after last week's great result we still look a weak side to the rest of the teams,apart from Ipswich of course.

Fingers crossed that goes smoothly tellboy :t:

A last heat decider would make sure they set it up correctly :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Fingers crossed that goes smoothly tellboy :t:

A last heat decider would make sure they set it up correctly :D

Hope it all runs like clockwork so I can make it tonight. Certainly will see if it is set up correctly just watching the Stars.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Hope it all runs like clockwork so I can make it tonight. Certainly will see if it is set up correctly just watching the Stars,let alone a last heat decider.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Hope it all runs like clockwork so I can make it tonight. Certainly will see if it is set up correctly just watching the Stars.

A clockwork pacemaker? OMG! :D

Or is that a wind up?

Edited by Gambo
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

Hoping to be there tonight. Have to have a pacemaker fitted first:o.Hopefully get discharged before 6pm then a dash down the A10 to see the Stars.

Sheffield look a lot stronger now and Batch may start scoring now he has a spot in the Championship.Could be looking at another home loss.Even after last week's great result we still look a weak side to the rest of the teams,apart from Ipswich of course.

Hope everything goes well mate and we do well enough to not need a last heat decider.

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

Hope all goes well, and you can watch the boys tonight :t:

4 minutes ago, semion said:

Which of the 3 meetings is live on EuroSports tonight ?

None Semion.

Thanks for the kind messages folks.Feel optimistic about getting there now.Been done,just other checks to do and hopefully out by 4 or 5:)

Hopefully Buster will read the forum and have some sympathy and let me in for nothing:o,I'll buy a program :D

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, semion said:

Which of the 3 meetings is live on EuroSports tonight ?

Covering the league well then?! The promoters can't be getting much in the way of tv money!

5 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

What’s the weather like in kings Lynn is it good for tonight ? 

2miles from track.

dry and sunny with white fluffy clouds

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

What’s the weather like in kings Lynn is it good for tonight ? 

It wants to he,I've just got the all clear to come tonight:D

• Like 1