British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Stars v Tigers 2/8/21

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

2miles from track.

dry and sunny with white fluffy clouds

Thanks for that we are on our way 

Tell, with you suggesting Buster let’s you in for nothing are you really sure you should be leaving that hospital ? :rolleyes:

Will be interested in how Batch gets on now his average has dropped, and  he has a Champ club now.:P If we can win this by more than 6, we go 3 points behind the Tigers...

Kings lynn to win this for me think they will be too strong for us the new manager seems to have picked them up 

hope you see some good racing and everyone stays safe. No injuries 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Covering the league well then?! The promoters can't be getting much in the way of tv money!

I think Eurosports coverage so far has been dire. Three perfectly good Premier League matches tonight, and no coverage! Fortunately Eurosport is part of my Sky package, I'd certainly be upset if I was paying extra for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bunce said:

I think Eurosports coverage so far has been dire. Three perfectly good Premier League matches tonight, and no coverage! Fortunately Eurosport is part of my Sky package, I'd certainly be upset if I was paying extra for it.

Be interesting to see if more meetings are shown after the Olympics has finished!

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Be interesting to see if more meetings are shown after the Olympics has finished!

The Olympics has nothing to do with the lack of Speedway coverage as time differences are total opposites 

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

The Olympics has nothing to do with the lack of Speedway coverage as time differences are total opposites 

Yeah but are they putting sports on that would be on during the day later on instead of speedway? If Olympics aren't the reason then not looking too good!

5 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

What’s the weather like in kings Lynn is it good for tonight ? 

Looking at the rain radar, there is a big lump of rain heading directly for Kings Lynn. Hope its not too heavy, or even better, changes direction!

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Less than 5% chance of rain in Lynn according to the met.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah but are they putting sports on that would be on during the day later on instead of speedway? If Olympics aren't the reason then not looking too good!

Nope, Olympic highlights

• Thanks 1

Tigers look much better with Holder riding at 1, Ellis at 5 and Batchelor in the engine room.

2 hours ago, Bunce said:

Totally agree. The sport has been sold down the line by going with this bunch of cowboys but then you have to look at who runs the sport in this country. They have dragged it down to a new level and allowed themselves to be lead up the garden path on a promise and little else. Eurosport could not give a fig about speedway. They have dominated the Olympic coverage much to the sanguine of the viewers who believe that a public broadcaster like the BBC has the viewers best interests at heart. If anyone at BSPL level is lining their pockets on the back of a Eurosport deal then they are taking the p.... No wonder speedway has lost its way and so many cannot be bothered with what has become an embarrassment. Little credence and what could have been ground out from regular t v meetings has gone up in smoke. Thank you BSPL and every promoter throughout the land (except IOW) who have stood back and let the sport down. You are a credit to speedway.

• Like 1

Another poor result for Stars, feel for the fans.  Tigers should make the playoffs now.