British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Stars v Tigers 2/8/21

Awesome performance from the Tigers tonight. Pickering was awesome and easily rider if the night. Nielsen rode well and Hume with plenty of effort. Jack won races when he needed to. Kyle came good late on  Hopefully Adam is fit for Thursday. Bachelor lacklustre at best. He’s taking the piss now. Time for a change 

• Like 1

Can someone who was at the match hazard a guess why Wells only got 3 rides from reserve when winning a race and scoring 4 points and Heeps who got 0pts and Mountain who scored 2pts, one being due to an exclusion, both got 4 rides?

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

Can someone who was at the match hazard a guess why Wells only got 3 rides from reserve when winning a race and scoring 4 points and Heeps who got 0pts and Mountain who scored 2pts, one being due to an exclusion, both got 4 rides?

Poor team managing?

7 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Totally agree. The sport has been sold down the line by going with this bunch of cowboys but then you have to look at who runs the sport in this country. They have dragged it down to a new level and allowed themselves to be lead up the garden path on a promise and little else. Eurosport could not give a fig about speedway. They have dominated the Olympic coverage much to the sanguine of the viewers who believe that a public broadcaster like the BBC has the viewers best interests at heart. If anyone at BSPL level is lining their pockets on the back of a Eurosport deal then they are taking the p.... No wonder speedway has lost its way and so many cannot be bothered with what has become an embarrassment. Little credence and what could have been ground out from regular t v meetings has gone up in smoke. Thank you BSPL and every promoter throughout the land (except IOW) who have stood back and let the sport down. You are a credit to speedway.

Eurosport will come good when all is progressed through the Discovery plus medium and I agree currently it's not the best TV coverage we have enjoyed but from their point of view it's about filling live airtime, selling on secondary rights and tertiary packages to other international broadcasters. On that premise Eurosport have stolen the job but unless the sport dresses itself and presents itself as a credible tv product this one will follow Sky sports - early termination.

Speedway is a group of sweet shops selling the same barstudized product but the broadcasters just aren't that gullible any more

Batchelor getting criticism for being a mickey taker which I don't think he is tbh. 

I feel for Troy and think he's just rusty and I'm sure he'll score big points soon.

But let's be honest if anyone in this league is a mickey taker then it's Cameron Heeps.

7 points from 15 rides at Home and six of those points came in one evening in his six rides against Peterborough other than that he's got 1 point from 9 rides.

Edited by KingoftheTrack

22 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Awesome performance from the Tigers tonight. Pickering was awesome and easily rider if the night. Nielsen rode well and Hume with plenty of effort. Jack won races when he needed to. Kyle came good late on  Hopefully Adam is fit for Thursday. Bachelor lacklustre at best. He’s taking the piss now. Time for a change 

I think you've understated just how good Pickering was tonight.

• Like 2

Its astonishing that Pickering wasn't picked up by somebody before now, was always suggested/assumed that he had the wrong visa or didn't want to double up but as an exciting, improving rider based in the UK since he came here it's odd. 

7 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I think you've understated just how good Pickering was tonight.

Ok mate he was superb brilliant excellent and the travelling Edinburgh fans will have appreciated his efforts too

18 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Batchelor getting criticism for being a mickey taker which I don't think he is tbh. 

I feel for Troy and think he's just rusty and I'm sure he'll score big points soon.

But let's be honest if anyone in this league is a mickey taker then it's Cameron Heeps.

7 points from 15 rides at Home and six of those points came in one evening in his six rides against Peterborough other than that he's got 1 point from 9 rides.

We’ve watched bachelor slowing down and allowing Lynn riders to pass after looking over his shoulder. That’s not rusty 

• Like 1

Stars had a skid before the last home win. Not today. Not that they should have to, to win.

We was 2nd out of the start, but not by much. Tigers looked like they needed it a little more to me.

Pickering was a match winner.

23 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

We’ve watched bachelor slowing down and allowing Lynn riders to pass after looking over his shoulder. That’s not rusty 

Thats a selfish hunt . Like he did to get a Champ place, now he's no good in Poland

Can se Kasper coming in soon ??. Heeps is crap. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Josh Pickering and Cam Heeps both wow for very differing reasons.

Pickering absolutely superb. Very fast and aggressive, so good to watch. Hopefully we gave him a contract for 2022 before he left tonight.

As for Heeps, possibly the most pathetic performance I’ve ever seen from a supposed top 5 rider. Hopefully we’ll never have to see him in a Stars team ever again. Utter s**te

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Because Wells and Heeps are as bad as each other at the moment.I'm not happy when those 2 can't be asked to finish 4 laps sometimes.Mountain deserved his races because at least he done the opposite.

Onwards and upwards only Peterborough away Thursday :o

Lynn was built  as a 2nd class team on the cheap. No rent at Lynn. But yes for the Showground. Won't work next year :oops: 

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Because Wells and Heeps are as bad as each other at the moment.I'm not happy when those 2 can't be asked to finish 4 laps sometimes.Mountain deserved his races because at least he done the opposite.

Onwards and upwards only Peterborough away Thursday :o

I accept that Wells hasn't been doing well but having been really good the last few days I just wondered what happened tonight and why he got only 3 rides when two other riders that didn't trouble the opposition tonight were given 4 rides.