British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Stars v Tigers 2/8/21

7 hours ago, NickH114 said:

Pickerings ride in heat 11 was absolutely brilliant, he was squeezed out on the opening bends and to then go on and pass Kings Lynn’s top 2 riders was a superb effort, was surprised Holder wasn’t out with Pickering in heat 15 considering they needed something from the race to get the 4 points, but again Pickering came up trumps.

Holder still struggling with his injury he had in Poland. I think if we were desperate he possibly would have been in heat 15. If we had got the 4 points wrapped up before heat 15 we could have put bachelor in to run a last and help lower his average a bit more 

Bachelor and Heeps riding in the same team tonight, this might be interesting.

45 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Holder still struggling with his injury he had in Poland. I think if we were desperate he possibly would have been in heat 15. If we had got the 4 points wrapped up before heat 15 we could have put bachelor in to run a last and help lower his average a bit more 

Heat 15 doesn't count towards average

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

Heat 15 doesn't count towards average

Yes it does

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

So would Lynn fans prefer Proctor to Heeps now

Nope, Heeps is averaging better than Proctor. Neither are good enough though. 

I'd rather see Simon Lambert comes back 

12 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Anyone else see batchelor slow up on the final bend looks as though heeps was going to past then he shut off completely so he did not pass batchelor. Hopefully that was agent heeps last race in a KingsLynn jacket ! I would rather see someone put 4 laps of effort in. Maybe a young foreign  rider could be brought over to give him a taste for next season 

Yeah i saw that. I think it was HT10. Maybe Heeps was told it was his last meeting. Lets hope so. As for Batch, don't get me started :P

• Like 1

Could Heeps of been vary of a possible problem for Bachelor and didnt want to end up hitting him and getting injured again and thus wrecking his golfing sessions booked in the coming week

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Could Heeps of been vary of a possible problem for Bachelor and didnt want to end up hitting him and getting injured again and thus wrecking his golfing sessions booked in the coming week

You might have it there.. A lot trickier than racing flat out for 4 laps.

Forest Hills Central's Andrew Hartline turns milk crate in to a golf aid -  mlive.com

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yeah i saw that. I think it was HT10. Maybe Heeps was told it was his last meeting. Lets hope so. As for Batch, don't get me started :P

Or maybe Heeps was instructed not to pass Batchelor so Kings Lynn could use the tactical substitute in the next race as they did.

Batchelor may have been trying to get Heeps to pass him so that Lynn could not use the tactical substitute.

This sort of thing has happened before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin king said:

Or maybe Heeps was instructed not to pass Batchelor so Kings Lynn could use the tactical substitute in the next race as they did.

Batchelor may have been trying to get Heeps to pass him so that Lynn could not use the tactical substitute.

Heeps is rubbish and he probably couldn’t pass Batch anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, semion said:

That’s the ‘Bounce’ over with.   Sack the Manager.  :D

Won't make any difference who the manager is. Peter Adams couldn't knock that lot into shape.

3 hours ago, spin king said:

That was my thought when it happened

it's called cheating, and i'm sure there is a rule that states riders have to race.