Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole vs Edinburgh 4/8/21

This could be a tougher test for the Pirates than Leicester potentially.

Sam Masters
Richie Worrall
Josh Pickering
Nathan Greaves
Kyle Thomson
William Lawson
 Luke Crang

(speedway updates line ups)

Obviously Masters and Richie know how to ride Poole well. I think Nathan has been at Poole before with Swindon, think he did alright. But I am not sure about the others? However considering they won at Glasgow definitely not to be undersetimated.

Edit - not sure if there is any news on Ben yet or guest and I guess the no2 position isn't filled yet?

Edited by lisa-colette

The club's announcement last week indicated that the Edinburgh away meeting on 6th August is the more likely date for the Number 2 newcomer - thats of course if all the necessary paperwork and permissions are in place.

• Thanks 1

They will give Poole a run for their money IMO if Pickering and Thompson keep up their recent form,and Lawson gets some decent machinery.

Kyle Bickley is at No.2 again for this meeting.

• Like 1

I think Leicester are stronger than Edinburgh. If you can beat Leicester home & away, shouldn't fear any other team!

50 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think Leicester are stronger than Edinburgh. If you can beat Leicester home & away, shouldn't fear any other team!

On paper I agree. But depends what some of their riders think of the Poole track (who haven't been before). Also depends who is guesting for Ben. 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

At Leicester probably...............

............ but IMO Edinburgh are stronger away.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

When's the next Poole match on Tv or is it only the top league shown?

Haha, 3 top league meetings tonight and not one on tv. Maybe they miss us lol.

• Like 1

SIGNING | PIRATES SIGN RATED DANE Flag of Denmark Poole Pirates have filled the vacancy left by the complications in travel encountered by Czech rider Ondrej Smetana, by signing the promising young Dane Benjamin Basso. Newspaper FULL STORY Right pointing backhand index https://bit.ly/3yqcUws #Speedway #PiratePride

Edit  - Poole Pirates account on twitter

Edited by lisa-colette

Be surprised if we lose this one. Edinburgh are definately one of the top teams this year but I think the Pirates will be too strong for them at home, unless complacency sets in and the way the team are riding I doubt that will happen. Should be a great contest and another good crowd on Wednesday. 

Of course it might well turn out to be a very different story on Friday when we are heading all the way up there.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

SIGNING | PIRATES SIGN RATED DANE Flag of Denmark Poole Pirates have filled the vacancy left by the complications in travel encountered by Czech rider Ondrej Smetana, by signing the promising young Dane Benjamin Basso. Newspaper FULL STORY Right pointing backhand index https://bit.ly/3yqcUws #Speedway #PiratePride

Looks like a good signing. Very good CV! 

Interesting to see what he makes of Armadiddle for his first outing! 

On 8/2/2021 at 7:02 PM, Fozzie4388 said:

Zach is guesting at reserve for Brother Ben

Oooh interesting! He normally rides at 3 for Plymouth so should do okay at reserve.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:03 PM, lisa-colette said:

Excellent. The Championship needs a Benjamin :)

Hopefully he won't go all Barker-esque and change it to 'Ben' less than 5 minutes after his UK career begins.

Also hope he will be referred to by his full name at sunny Armadale on Friday. Abbreviations really are somewhat disrespectful.