British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole vs Edinburgh 4/8/21

1 minute ago, King Jamie said:

Excellent. The Championship needs a Benjamin :)

Hopefully he won't go all Barker-esque and change it to 'Ben' less than 5 minutes after his UK career begins.

Also hope he will be referred to by his full name at sunny Armadale on Friday. Abbreviations really are somewhat disrespectful.

I promise he will be a ‘Benjamin’ on the stream 

• Like 1

King Jamie, good call.  I agree about showing respect.
I can promise you, at Poole, if Benjamin is introduced as ‘Ben’ it will be because I will have asked him what his preference is. I certainly consider a riders choice as being the most respectful method…That goes for difficult pronunciations too.:)

• Like 3

A shame our new Signing Basso isn’t riding tonight. Forecast is good. Should be a cracker.

Similar if not worse result than last night on the cards. Poole having a top 3 that’s very similar to ours but have the strength in depth also that we most certainly don’t. 

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Lawson disappoints and don’t think Crang will make any difference to the reserve position.

Bang on. If you can replace Lawson with someone who can get you 4/5 points a meeting and keeps Nathan at reserve then you’re onto a winner.

on paper edinburgh dont look as strong as leicester did last  wednesday so i feel a home win is on the cards we shall see:t:

Edited by ray c

50 minutes ago, ray c said:

on paper edinburgh dont look as strong as leicester did last  wednesday so i feel a home win is on the cards we shall see:t:

We have 3 strong heat leaders and Kye has been superb riding tracks for first time.

Our other 3 riders are essentially reserves and William’s equipment has been sub standard. For us to get anything tonight we need our heat leaders and Kye firing and one of the other 3 to come to the party.

• Like 1

It should  be a good meeting tonight, Edinburgh never to be underestimated  a home win for me  though.Looking through the two sides the reserves could make the difference for Poole , one of them might also might have one of Bickley’s rides ? which could be crucial.Bickley/ Lawson could be important tonight there points along with Hume/ Greaves could decide it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Is there a live stream for this match?

Should be I think but I can only see an option for Poole vs Kent. 

No live stream. Big crowd coming in bunch of Monarch fans decamped next to us. Should be fin!

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

No live stream. Big crowd coming in bunch of Monarch fans decamped next to us. Should be fin!

Why no stream. :(

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Why no stream. :(

It costs far too much for Poole to live stream when they have a crowd in. No club other than Edinburgh are currently doing it in house to make it viable