British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole vs Edinburgh 4/8/21

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back. All very, very easy for Pirates with the meeting all but over by heat 8. Edinburgh are a three man team and managed a bonus point by having the luck of losing the toss. Danny King chose 1 and 3 which gave Edinburgh 1 and 3 in heats 13 and 15. The problem for Poole with that is that not one heat was won off gate 4 all night. Never seen the gates so lopsided as this. Will also say the track was not as good as it has been this season, with an issue on bend one, which was quickly addressed, and something coming out the back straight of bend two which caused Pickering to Buck and rear, allowing Schlein through, then the same happening to Shclein in a lap latter returning the compliment to Pickering. Rory said after the meeting that the track only had one racing line tonight with no grip on the inside, allowing riders to go wide and not be caught.

A very good crowd in on a lovely evening and a small group of Monarchs fans made themselves heard at the end of heat 15 when they got a point. Good for them but it means nothing in the scheme of things. Poole were a class above and are two riders short at the moment.

For Poole.

Schlein rode well. Outgated in heat 15 and impossible to do anything. Rider of the night.

Guest Buckley tried hard but found it tough. Ben Basso comes into the team from now on. Can’t expect much at first.

Steve Worrall rode well but had two poor rides….when off gate 4.

Stefan Neilsen battled but had a t/r against him in one. Had a decent battle with Pickering in heat 14.

King was good until heat 13, when off gate 4.

Zach cook did his job when guesting for his brother, as did Danny Hume with one great ride to beat Richie Worrall and winning heat 8.

For Edinburgh.

Masters was good as expected. Rode better when it slickened off.

Lawson was poor. Only beat guest Buckley and was tailed off in his other rides.

Thomson was ok. Seemed fast at times. 4 paid 5 is ok.

Pickering was Monarchs best rider for entertainment and clearly loves the Poole track. Lots of battles and never gave up. Good effort.

Richie Worrall was good and improved when the track went slick. Knows his way around poole so no surprise he scored well.

Luke Craig was completely out of his depth.

Greaves did very little either, two second places and 3 lasts.

Not sure I can see how Edinburgh can seriously challenge for the title with their current lineup. Certainly Leicester look stronger and so do we. Having said that Edinburgh will have their home advantage on Friday and I expect them to beat us in the return. 

So Pirates continue to March up the table and with Cook back hopefully next week we should be looking very good indeed. 

did danyon not deserve a comment he got beat up in two of his rides:t:

• Like 1

Just now, ray c said:

did danyon not deserve a comment he got beat up in two of his rides:t:

I have mentioned him Ray.

22 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Just about sums us up that, can’t get the job done at Plymouth but can get a point a poole. 
Lawson is going to cost us big time come the business end of the season 4 points he managed to accumulate in the last 2 meetings.

Sam and Richie have ridden the Poole track loads in the past though. It was mentioned Josh likes bigger tracks? And everywhere must be bigger than Plymouth!!

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I have mentioned him Ray.

You sure did !!! must be an age thing 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sam and Richie have ridden the Poole track loads in the past though. It was mentioned Josh likes bigger tracks? And everywhere must be bigger than Plymouth!!

Size isn't everything, you should know :D

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back. All very, very easy for Pirates with the meeting all but over by heat 8. Edinburgh are a three man team and managed a bonus point by having the luck of losing the toss. Danny King chose 1 and 3 which gave Edinburgh 1 and 3 in heats 13 and 15. The problem for Poole with that is that not one heat was won off gate 4 all night. Never seen the gates so lopsided as this. Will also say the track was not as good as it has been this season, with an issue on bend one, which was quickly addressed, and something coming out the back straight of bend two which caused Pickering to Buck and rear, allowing Schlein through, then the same happening to Shclein in a lap latter returning the compliment to Pickering. Rory said after the meeting that the track only had one racing line tonight with no grip on the inside, allowing riders to go wide and not be caught.

A very good crowd in on a lovely evening and a small group of Monarchs fans made themselves heard at the end of heat 15 when they got a point. Good for them but it means nothing in the scheme of things. Poole were a class above and are two riders short at the moment.

For Poole.

Schlein rode well. Outgated in heat 15 and impossible to do anything. Rider of the night.

Guest Buckley tried hard but found it tough. Ben Basso comes into the team from now on. Can’t expect much at first.

Steve Worrall rode well but had two poor rides….when off gate 4.

Stefan Neilsen battled but had a t/r against him in one. Had a decent battle with Pickering in heat 14.

King was good until heat 13, when off gate 4.

Zach cook did his job when guesting for his brother, as did Danny Hume with one great ride to beat Richie Worrall and winning heat 8.

For Edinburgh.

Masters was good as expected. Rode better when it slickened off.

Lawson was poor. Only beat guest Buckley and was tailed off in his other rides.

Thomson was ok. Seemed fast at times. 4 paid 5 is ok.

Pickering was Monarchs best rider for entertainment and clearly loves the Poole track. Lots of battles and never gave up. Good effort.

Richie Worrall was good and improved when the track went slick. Knows his way around poole so no surprise he scored well.

Luke Craig was completely out of his depth.

Greaves did very little either, two second places and 3 lasts.

Not sure I can see how Edinburgh can seriously challenge for the title with their current lineup. Certainly Leicester look stronger and so do we. Having said that Edinburgh will have their home advantage on Friday and I expect them to beat us in the return. 

So Pirates continue to March up the table and with Cook back hopefully next week we should be looking very good indeed. 

I don't think the result was ever in doubt however the league isn't going to be decided on who wins away meetings at Poole. If this was a two legged affair then i'm not sure six points would be enough of a lead for you to take back up the road for example. There's a long way to go but Edinburgh need more from reserves and Lawson for sure. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

Size isn't everything, you should know :D

Roundabouts in Poole bigger than the Plymouth track! Not that I have a problem with it. But it was mentioned on the KL vs Sheffield thread that the reason Josh did so well there is because he prefers the bigger tracks, so not surprising he did better today than Tuesday! ;) :P

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Roundabouts in Poole bigger than the Plymouth track! Not that I have a problem with it. But it was mentioned on the KL vs Sheffield thread that the reason Josh did so well there is because he prefers the bigger tracks, so not surprising he did better today than Tuesday! ;) :P

Bickley got 2 tonight, ZK got 10+2 last night. Just sayin' me luv! :D

• Like 1

Find it hard to believe that Monarchs Promotion think that Crang is the answer to reserve slot .Luke Ruddick would be the Luke I would have went for if available.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

They probably signed him on the strength of his one good performance this year. He was woeful tonight. His best ride was heat 2 when he shoved out Hume on bend one, sending Hume well adrift. Hume gave chase and on the ladt bend pressurised Craig enough to get through on the line. Other than that he was nowhere.

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Find it hard to believe that Monarchs Promotion think that Crang is the answer to reserve slot .Luke Ruddick would be the Luke I would have went for if available.

What about Kinsley or Jenkins ? that would  even be  a big ask for them.  But  after a layoff  expecting Mark to be the answer was asking alot the Championship is very tough in the reserve berths.

Edited by Sidney the robin

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

We weren’t left with much to choose from when this rising star thing was brought in. Promotion pinned their hopes on Willie increasing his average. Would never be back to rider he was but would do much better with decent equipment. 

9 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Bickley got 2 tonight, ZK got 10+2 last night. Just sayin' me luv! :D

Ermm different tracks!! How many did he get last time at Poole? Wasn't that 2 as well? So no difference! 

24 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

What about Kinsley or Jenkins ? that would  even be  a big ask for them.  But  after a layoff  expecting Mark to be the answer was asking alot the Championship is very tough in the reserve berths.

We're not giving you Jenkins!

14 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

We weren’t left with much to choose from when this rising star thing was brought in. Promotion pinned their hopes on Willie increasing his average. Would never be back to rider he was but would do much better with decent equipment. 

The difficult thing is Endeavour is your make up of a terrific top  three plus a very progressive Thomson it does make you vulnerable down the bottom end even at home.Lawson and Greaves both are not in/out top 5 riders and they won’t be regularly banging in big scores at reserve either .Last night Poole scored 14 pts from Cook, Hume, Bickley   Edinburgh scored 5 pts from Lawson, Greaves, Crang.