British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole vs Edinburgh 4/8/21

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I didn’t mean it to come across as arrogant. Given gate four failed to produce a single heat winner, winning the toss and choosing 1 and 3 was a howler. Win the toss and choose heat 15. If the other team then choose 1 and 3, you get 1 and 3 in 13 and 15. If they choose 2 and 4 you get 1 and 3 in heat 15, if it works out that gate 4 is a dead gate. Given the strength of Edinburgh’s heat leaders and the fact that they choose their best 2 in heat 15 off the best gates, 1 and 3, gives them the potential to score 13 to 5 in the final 3 heats. Luckily Schlein managed to gate in heat 13 off 2 to give a 3-3, but couldn’t repeat it in heat 15 off a slick track. Both King and Steve Worrall were nowhere off 4 in heats 13 and 15.

Certainly more thought was required after winning the toss and considering the opposition it pushed the odds in the monarchs favour to salvage a point given their top end strength.

Maybe gate 4 wasn't obviously bad before the start? Maybe they thought they'd have a comfortable lead to cope with the gate change later in the meeting?

You can't look at a decision in hindsight and call it a howler

27 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Oops remember seeing his dad ride.!!,, 

Mark Crang is his cousin!!

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

For me young Basso could be a win/ win  scenario for the club  a rider for the future Steve . Most of you Pirate fans will only expect a 3 or 4 point  return from a tough number 2 berth and as long as the potential is there he could be a decent asset.This signing is far better than getting a journeyman type rider who has no real future longterm and will more and likely struggle anyway your six other Pirates should be able to carry Ben for a period.

He could well end up at reserve after he gets an average if Ben Cook can continue the form he showed before his injury. Poole will always have a scoring reserve.

5 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Maybe gate 4 wasn't obviously bad before the start? Maybe they thought they'd have a comfortable lead to cope with the gate change later in the meeting?

You can't look at a decision in hindsight and call it a howler

I called it a howler as soon as King won the toss and called 1 and 3. Never give the opposition 1 and 3 in the main 2 heats. 

Can see Poole winning the league to be fair be interesting to see Shovvys thoughts on the second tier now , he seems well into it given his input on here . 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I called it a howler as soon as King won the toss and called 1 and 3. Never give the opposition 1 and 3 in the main 2 heats. 

Couldn't agree more Steve. We all said the same as soon as the coin toss was done. IMO Against all the other 'top' teams, given the option Danny should always defer to Heat 15.

• Like 2

basso tested positive for covid so won’t be here for this weekends meetings watched him a few times on danish speedway think will do well 

51 minutes ago, mac101 said:

basso tested positive for covid so won’t be here for this weekends meetings watched him a few times on danish speedway think will do well 

What's the facility for a covid victim who hasn't yet raced for his team and is the replacement for a rider who never made to this country?

(And was the new replacement, a replacement for a replacement?)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

What's the facility for a covid victim who hasn't yet raced for his team and is the replacement for a rider who never made to this country?

(And was the new replacement, a replacement for a replacement?)

They've announced they have to revert back to a guest with an average of 3.75 or below

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

They've announced they have to revert back to a guest with an average of 3.75 or below

Thanks.

That's quite generous really.

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

Can see Poole winning the league to be fair be interesting to see Shovvys thoughts on the second tier now , he seems well into it given his input on here . 

I know you enjoyed your Newport days Pinny  , Iversen, Watson, Freddy ( ect)  personally  i enjoyed the Premier league with Gjedde, Allen , Fryer ( RIP).I know the Amalgamation did not really work all those years ago but for me British speedway maybe has some sort of chance of surviving if this happened and everyone worked together.???? Maybe  this is pie in the sky,  for me personally not really interested in the Premiership it is there in name only and the admission prices they charge are a joke.Do you think there is any chance of this happening? cannot see the Premiership surviving in this climate now for much longer.

One of the few that fit the 3.75 is Kyle Bickley. However, he is riding for Berwick at Redcar on Friday and is of course a Berwick rider, so cant guest for us on Saturday either! Possibly available for us at Newcastle on Sunday though. 

Maybe Jason Edwards  would like some extra rides.He is at Newcastle on Sunday anyway with Plymouth.

2 minutes ago, BobC said:

One of the few that fit the 3.75 is Kyle Bickley. However, he is riding for Berwick at Redcar on Friday and is of course a Berwick rider, so cant guest for us on Saturday either! Possibly available for us at Newcastle on Sunday though. 

Maybe Jason Edwards  would like some extra rides.He is at Newcastle on Sunday anyway with Plymouth.

certainly takes the shine of the three meetings and makes it harder for us 

• Like 1