British Speedway Forum
BobC

Plymouth v Edinburgh Tuesday 3rd August

Tonight sees the return of Jason Crump for Plymouth.  I genuinely hope he is fit, as when in full flight, he is still very impressive.

Going to need every Gladiator on top form to beat the Monarchs. However, as most teams have found out, they are not an easy push over at home. Just when you think you've done enough, they seem to bit back. Jason Edwards will add strength at reserve, which is something they havent had all season.

This Edinburgh team are very workmanlike in their approach. A solid outfit that will take some beating. The team to beat for the title in my opinion. 

Safe journey to all those travelling, enjoy the meeting and look forward to seeing you there and at Poole on Wednesday.

Edited by BobC

Very interesting reading the meeting preview on the Monarchs website!!  They reckon the Gladiators have Zaine Kennedy in their 1-7?!  What the fork?!:(

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Very interesting reading the meeting preview on the Monarchs website!!  They reckon the Gladiators have Zaine Kennedy in their 1-7?!  What the fork?!:(

Mea culpa, got my Zane K’s mixed up 

I’d be looking for us to take away a point minimum from the match tonight.

• Haha 1

Big away win. Crump showing some bravado - should know better at his age.

• Confused 1

Problems with the track seems to be a lengthy grade. The weather been bad or or just poorly prepared

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Big away win. Crump showing some bravado - should know better at his age.

I was a big fan of Jason in his hey -days,but think it is a mistake to come back after so long away, things have moved on since then .Age is a b#gger,is it worth the risks involved in a sport when a lot of things that happen on track are not in your own hands.