British Speedway Forum
BobC

Plymouth v Edinburgh Tuesday 3rd August

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

If you prefer bumps and shale coloured concrete Poole is definitely the place for you

So you been to poole this season nothing wrong with our track 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

If you prefer bumps and shale coloured concrete Poole is definitely the place for you

Very true lol, edinburgh didnt lose the meeting Plymouth won it fair and square I didn’t hear one Edinburgh fan moaning about the result who was there they were very complimentary keleher in heat 14 with bowtell was worth the admission fee alone and then he was just as good in heat 15 with bjarnne  I can’t thank Poole enough for zane what a class act on track as well as off it .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole is more of a fair track than Plymouth. I expect a closer meeting. 

Would that be the track with the big hole on the first bend,which the Poole lads were telling me you have to hug the inside or go out to the fence to avoid it:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Neither.

Were you at the meeting as there were several track grades &  some of the home riders & the Manager were directing remedial work @ the entry to the 1st bend.

However the Gladiators blew away the Monarchs over the last 3 heats & thoroughly deserved their 10 pt win

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Doubt this guy has been to<Poole. Our track is in excellent condition. Fast, smooth and a racers track. No hiding place for riders who fate then hold everyone up. They get picked off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Doubt this guy has been to<Poole. Our track is in excellent condition. Fast, smooth and a racers track. No hiding place for riders who fate then hold everyone up. They get picked off. 

Isnt HGould a Birmingham fan? He will be used to seeing concrete soon if the rumours about Birmingham are correct .

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, cyclone said:

Were you at the meeting as there were several track grades &  some of the home riders & the Manager were directing remedial work @ the entry to the 1st bend.

However the Gladiators blew away the Monarchs over the last 3 heats & thoroughly deserved their 10 pt win

Yes

8 hours ago, ray c said:

So you been to poole this season nothing wrong with our track 

not been this season plenty of past experience of the bumps and hollows though and the holes..:D

9 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Rubbish. Crump scores six and we lose by ten. Taking a point should have been the minimum tonight.

The usual story - when one of our top 3 is below par we need rest of team to step up. After a 5 1 in heat 1 Willie reverted to form. Pleased Nathan in the points. 

Poole's track last week was good...

A bit too slick probably but you could tell by the closeness of most of the  racing that the riders behind were confident that the rider in front, nor themselves, were going to hit any dodgy part of the circuit, hence were able to concentrate on racing, not just riding to ensure they completed the race..

And there were a few genuine passes made that were down to rider talent and not rider mistakes...

On other visits I have made  to Poole they have seemed to have MX 'whoops' down the back straight.... :D

Or maybe it was just the tide was in... ;)

Edinburgh will do well to get anything from there I would suggest given how strong Poole looked last week..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

not been this season plenty of past experience of the bumps and hollows though and the holes..:D

lets just say you know nothing

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

lets just say you know nothing

Absolutely. He posts the same line all the time. Clearly doesn’t understand a track can be fixed, bumps and holes can VE taken out to produce a very good race track. Agree with Mikebv that it was slicker last week, the first time this season. But no bumps or holes.

• Like 1

'People in glass houses shouldnt thrown stones' springs to mind about the state of tracks.

Last night the track wasnt good at all. Riders being thrown around in all directions. Very inconsistent. Surprised there wasnt an accident, tbh. Several 1st turn crashes caused because riders were unable to turn properly. Masters in Ht1 lifting and almost put Crump into the refreshment hut. All riders looking uncomfortable and some like bucking broncos.

Then we had the track work once Bjarne had been out. Its happened every single meeting this season that Ive been to. (Only missed the Leicester meeting). He always asks for lots of top surface to be removed. It took a fair few heats before the track settled down. Mark and his team must have done almost as many laps as the riders. He does work hard at it and its certainly not like that every week.

Not had anything like that at Poole this season at all!

Well done to Plymouth for what is probably the shock result of the season.(Other than Poole winning at Leicester of course!) Ht14 had to be seen. Bend one, a 4-2 to Edinburgh, bend 2 5-1 to Plymouth, bend 3 5-1 to Edinburgh, bend 4 5-1 to Plymouth..I genuinely thought that there was going to be a crash, they were all so close.

Some seriously hard 1st turns from Masters ,leaving others just enough to stay upright. He had it done back to him in his last 2 rides and gave up in both! Impressed with Thomson, very stylish and got stuck in. Disappointed in Pickering though, expected a lot more.

The main difference for Plymouth was having a second reserve scoring points.Edwards rode well and a little unlucky to only have 3 rides. Needs must I suppose. Pedersen, Keleher and Bowtell were excellent value. A deserved win for Plymouth. Once or if Crump gets going around there, someone is going get a right thumping.

• Like 1

Team is set up to win races and keep it close then hit them in the last 3 with masters worrall and Pickering. 2 down going into heat 13 I was confident we would turn that around with them 3 in those races, however last night just didn’t happen. Don’t think we will lose the last 3 races 13-5 very often if at all again this season.

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Team is set up to win races and keep it close then hit them in the last 3 with masters worrall and Pickering. 2 down going into heat 13 I was confident we would turn that around with them 3 in those races, however last night just didn’t happen. Don’t think we will lose the last 3 races 13-5 very often if at all again this season.

15-3 is still to happen so in effect you will be correct.