British Speedway Forum
BobC

Plymouth v Edinburgh Tuesday 3rd August

2 hours ago, BobC said:

'People in glass houses shouldnt thrown stones' springs to mind about the state of tracks.

Last night the track wasnt good at all. Riders being thrown around in all directions. Very inconsistent. Surprised there wasnt an accident, tbh. Several 1st turn crashes caused because riders were unable to turn properly. Masters in Ht1 lifting and almost put Crump into the refreshment hut. All riders looking uncomfortable and some like bucking broncos.

Then we had the track work once Bjarne had been out. Its happened every single meeting this season that Ive been to. (Only missed the Leicester meeting). He always asks for lots of top surface to be removed. It took a fair few heats before the track settled down. Mark and his team must have done almost as many laps as the riders. He does work hard at it and its certainly not like that every week.

Not had anything like that at Poole this season at all!

Well done to Plymouth for what is probably the shock result of the season.(Other than Poole winning at Leicester of course!) Ht14 had to be seen. Bend one, a 4-2 to Edinburgh, bend 2 5-1 to Plymouth, bend 3 5-1 to Edinburgh, bend 4 5-1 to Plymouth..I genuinely thought that there was going to be a crash, they were all so close.

Some seriously hard 1st turns from Masters ,leaving others just enough to stay upright. He had it done back to him in his last 2 rides and gave up in both! Impressed with Thomson, very stylish and got stuck in. Disappointed in Pickering though, expected a lot more.

The main difference for Plymouth was having a second reserve scoring points.Edwards rode well and a little unlucky to only have 3 rides. Needs must I suppose. Pedersen, Keleher and Bowtell were excellent value. A deserved win for Plymouth. Once or if Crump gets going around there, someone is going get a right thumping.

Track work after heat 4 is common at most tracks

• Like 1

What was the referee's reason for pulling back heat 14.?  Green light activated, tapes went up and Edinburgh  riders started, but Plymouth riders sat still.

Edited by edmon
Punctuation

1 minute ago, Mike0310 said:

I can’t wait to see the comments on this one lewy lol.

And we know who that will be:blink:

On 8/3/2021 at 9:22 PM, lisa-colette said:

Poole is more of a fair track than Plymouth. I expect a closer meeting. 

See I told ya. Although Edinburgh took their time to get going! Good meeting though.

No comment on the heat above then and zanes brilliant move oh no you wouldn’t comment on that would you but I suppose at wonderful Wimborne road you have 15 heats like that every week….. not.

4 hours ago, lewy said:

No passing at Plymouth :rofl::nono:

Seems a case of both rode mid track off the racing line into the middle of nowhere. Stick to the kerb and that doesn’t happen but fair play to the Plymouth boys for taking advantage of that.

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Seems a case of both rode mid track off the racing line into the middle of nowhere. Stick to the kerb and that doesn’t happen but fair play to the Plymouth boys for taking advantage of that.

Blobby did you attend the Plymouth fixture?

5 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

No comment on the heat above then and zanes brilliant move oh no you wouldn’t comment on that would you but I suppose at wonderful Wimborne road you have 15 heats like that every week….. not.

Someone's got their pants in a twist! No, I wouldn't want to watch speedway every week at Plymouth but then I wouldn't want to watch it at Eastbourne either. I am not a fan of small tracks and even less interested in whatever Zane is doing. Although wasn't Zane at Poole last week watching? Bit weird to attend a meeting when you've been sacked, but okay! 

21 minutes ago, lewy said:

Blobby did you attend the Plymouth fixture?

I didn’t unfortunately, would like to make it down one day. Just an observation from watching the race that is all. If they kept it tight on the kerb that pass doesn’t happen.

• Like 1