British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bluebee

Birmingham v Kent 4/8/2021

23 minutes ago, justathought said:

I think Kent might win this.  

I fancy a big B'ham win.....14 points! especially after the p#ss poor performance at Leicester. (Harris excepted...)

Anyone playing guess the attendance tonight, add me as a plus one because i can't make it tonight but have brought a ticket online.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Pirio Barre said:

Anyone playing guess the attendance tonight, add me as a plus one because i can't make it tonight but have brought a ticket online.  

who knows ?

if average has been 400 ish what's going to be enough to make it worthwhile for Masons to carry on.

800 - 900?

hopefully not a last hurrah, but if they make a profit tonight does it mean they will make a profit next week and the week after?

I'm going hoping for the best but honestly expecting the worst.

19 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

As for best route:

My advice would be to get off the M6 at junction 5 (if you're coming from the South) and follow the A452 for approx 4/5 miles (it's a fairly busy road, but usually keeps moving) eventually turning left on to A453, follow till near the stadium and turn left on to Holford Drive (park on this road). Stadium is 5 mins walk.

All told...it's probably a 20 mins drive (in rush hour) from Jctn 5 M6.....then only 10 mins when going home :D

No: use Junction 7. There is little traffic using this route (A34), only 2 miles, and it is much simpler than wandering round Aston! I park on the A34 outside the warehouses being too tight to pay the stadium for parking, and don't want to fight my way round the island to One Stop.

40 minutes ago, *JJ said:

No: use Junction 7. There is little traffic using this route (A34), only 2 miles, and it is much simpler than wandering round Aston! I park on the A34 outside the warehouses being too tight to pay the stadium for parking, and don't want to fight my way round the island to One Stop.

Good luck with the rush hour traffic between Jcnts 5 - 7 !

1 hour ago, HGould said:

who knows ?

if average has been 400 ish what's going to be enough to make it worthwhile for Masons to carry on.

800 - 900?

hopefully not a last hurrah, but if they make a profit tonight does it mean they will make a profit next week and the week after?

I'm going hoping for the best but honestly expecting the worst.

Exactly....I think the best we can hope for is a 'stay of execution' !?

How bad is the roadwork situation near the stadium ?  I'm coming from Tamworth, we usually drive past the entrance to the stadium & swing back round to park in the One Stop.

Thanks

What ever the result tomorrow and i hope for the promotions sake  and speedways future in that Town that they get a big crowd  ,,,With the likes of Nicholls and Starke you are virtually assured great racing,,Good luck to all the riders and stay safe....

1 hour ago, Osirian08 said:

How bad is the roadwork situation near the stadium ?  I'm coming from Tamworth, we usually drive past the entrance to the stadium & swing back round to park in the One Stop.

Thanks

Should be ok just allow 10 or 15 mins extra time on your journey.

• Like 1

There’s no doubt there will be a good turnout tonight, but they will not get the same for the remainder of the season, So 1st poor turnout and that will be the end, very sad but understandable 

1 hour ago, Osirian08 said:

Thanks

Park on Holford Drive.....left turn at the lights 200 metres before the stadium...traffic is sh#te leading up to the One Stop!

• Like 1

talking of guess the attendance - I see on press release it says crowds only 1/3 of figure in 2019, I attended the Glasgow match and around 400 maybe a few more in, so were Brum getting 1200 in 2019?