British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bluebee

Birmingham v Kent 4/8/2021

Fantastic night of speedway, bloody brilliant, biggest crowd of the season,  loads of youngsters, fans still queing to get in after the start time, pleanty of atmosphere,  slickly run meeting, no hanging about, great racing with plenty of passing and a last heat decider, and we won , a great advert for our sport! My whole family and friends loved it we had a great night, thoroughly enjoy it, elated we are, roll on next week, 

Oh and the ref missed Batchelors flyer from the gate in ht 15. Valatin looking better each week , Riss,  poor, threw his dummy in the dust and rode across the center green after finishing last, Shanes great entertainer,  Harris on fire, Morris a battler, Paco moved of the white line and had a dirty underpants moment with the back straight fence but recovered. Thomas deserved more for his efforts .

my glass is half full

• Like 6

Just got home to Sheffield. Really enjoyed it and hope the crowd was enough for the promotion to keep going. Good luck for the rest of the season and beyond.

• Like 5

Batchelor did get away with a massive roller in heat 15.

39 minutes ago, CountArthur said:

Just got home to Sheffield. Really enjoyed it and hope the crowd was enough for the promotion to keep going. Good luck for the rest of the season and beyond.

Thank you for making the effort to support the club tonight and travelling such a distance to do so. 
the same sentiment goes out to all fans from other clubs who did the same 
it is genuinely much appreciated

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Col said:

Batchelor did get away with a massive roller in heat 15.

Can’t  believe Batchellor got away with thst one, it was blatant!!! 

4 hours ago, CountArthur said:

I hope Birmingham survive but you do realise that the crowds need to be bigger each week and not just for one night only.

Therefore those who went tonight purely to boost the crowd, which is great, need to also go on a regular basis otherwise it's just a false dawn. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Can’t  believe Batchellor got away with thst one, it was blatant!!! 

Shame on the ref!

5 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Thank you for making the effort to support the club tonight and travelling such a distance to do so. 
the same sentiment goes out to all fans from other clubs who did the same 
it is genuinely much appreciated

It was on one hand great to see people you don't normally see there and may be a few hundred from other Clubs.

The flip side is that sadly their attendance wont be regular, they came out to support the Club and the Sport which is fantastic, but we need several hundred more every week not for one week.

No official news yet I believe, we wait with hope.

I'm sure that all at the club understand that many who came last night won't be there every week. Re building the hard core fan base for the future was the aim and yesterday was a good start.

• Like 3

fingers crossed I think my youngest is now converted. He really enjoyed himself.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HGould said:

It was on one hand great to see people you don't normally see there and may be a few hundred from other Clubs.

There were a few very visible fans from Kent, and a few from elsewhere as there always are, but I wouldn't put in in the "few hundred" category. Fairer to say that some old time supporters answered the call including the Moles and the Drurys who were also seen there last night, so they were doing their bit for the Brummies again!

Riss ???

My fear is, he may be 'intentionally' lowering his average.....because if we do fold, he will be more versatile to other teams ? (just a thought)

We all know that 'average' fixing goes on......

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CountArthur said:

If you're the genial fan from Sheffield stood at the back of the bend one stands who mentioned visiting Eastbourne last week, thanks for coming and I (bearded man in brown brimmed hat) really enjoyed our chat. 

If not, thanks for coming anyway!

Good meeting and kudos to the club on how hard they've worked this week. Fingers crossed that they can pull in enough supporters.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Riss ???

My fear is, he may be 'intentionally' lowering his average.....because if we do fold, he will be more versatile to other teams ? (just a thought)

We all know that 'average' fixing goes on......

I'd suggest that knowing Riss this won't be the case. He hates being beaten haha!

• Haha 1

The question is, will the "promoters" be "promoting" the next meeting in the same way they were "promoting" this meeting? Or was it just a one off and they think that's it we've now done "promotion".

Does anybody know if the promotions that they did have running were successful? Track walks, meet and greets, viewing from the centre green etc.

• Like 1