British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Kings Lynn 5th August

12 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

image.jpeg.185367647269e42ee0f8d3e92e0ebfd4.jpeg

Woofy! Woofy! Woofy!

43 minutes ago, iainb said:

If you'd read my original comments you'd see that I said as much as I dislike forecasted postponements I'll have to accept that they are now part of modern day speedway. I don't think any match should be called off until the day of the event though

Until the day I agree. 

7 hours ago, iainb said:

Funnily enough... been there done that when I used to follow Cov, turned round at Gatwick, not ideal but something I accept as a Speedway fan with actual real rain... you know the wet stuff that falls from the skies :lol:

Year before last... turned around at Carlisle when the Glasgow v Leicester final was called off due to wet rain, had the journey back in the Friday rush... then went again on the Tuesday!

Once did a Good Friday a number of years back... KL in the morning, Cancelled, Ippo in the afternoon, heavens opened in the car park, off to Arena for an evening kick off, cancelled, went for Peterborough on the way home, rained off!!

I'll never forget that day!

Nobody does that these days, even the slightest possibility of a spot of rain they don't turn out!!!!

7 hours ago, Trees said:

Nobody does that these days, even the slightest possibility of a spot of rain they don't turn out!!!!

Nobody? Well that's wrong because I do... and I'm pretty sure others do too 

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

My last five meetings have all encountered heavy showers. Before, during or after the event. Three at Kent, plus Eastbourne and Birmingham. It's a theme that we seem to be stuck in at the moment. What happened to summer!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trees said:

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I'm sure there's a joke in there about that making Iain a nobody......;)

(No malice intended MrB :t:)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Leicester v Edinburgh been called off due to the predicted forecast of rain  

Well that's hope that it's right! Weather forecasts aren't accurate down South. Heavy thundery showers yesterday apparently, we had nothing but sunshine! lol. I just don't think you can rely on weather forecasts unless lots of them are saying the same thing. But most of the time they don't!