British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Poole + Plymouth Sun 8 Aug 4pm

You can still book in advance here https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing?eid=20692& or pay at the gate.

The return of Steve Worrall, Bjarne Pedersen, Danny King and Alfie Bowtell and also three times World Champion Jason Crump should also be in the Plymouth line-up.

I'm sure everyone is aware of the situation the Diamonds find themselves in, so it would be great to see a bumper crowd for this one and also for the rest of the season.

• Like 3

At £20 admission for a double header, thats an absolute bargain. If that doesn't tempt anyone, what will?

Sadly, I m unable to make our Northern tour. Would love to be there and meet up with lots of people I know..

• Like 1

It has been confirmed that Mr Crump will be in attendance; but to be fair I would pay an extra 20 quid just to see how Bjarne goes round the place; I'm not a fan of double headers but obviously see the need; however I am really looking forward to this one just hope the weather plays ball...

Oh and especially for my old pals from Wolverhampton who are coming up to cheer on Roo Boy I expect...

Regards
THJ

£20 for a double header when the club is in financial straits is crazy.  Surely £25 or maybe even £30 would have been achievable with single entry reduced to £14/15 would have worked better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

£20 for a double header when the club is in financial straits is crazy.  Surely £25 or maybe even £30 would have been achievable with single entry reduced to £14/15 would have worked better.

Well if you are coming make a 10 quid donation to the club if you think its too cheap I'm sure it will be greatfully received 

Regards 

THJ

• Like 5

Coming over from the west, hope the weather behaves itself !!

How much is it normally for Newcastle £17? If my speedway club in trouble I think I would pay the difference if it would help! £20 sure is a bargain though! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Neila said:

Coming over from the west, hope the weather behaves itself !!

Oh no... bring ya brollies the West coast wet bunch are coming over... knocking bet it rains now...

Try and leave the wet stuff owa Worky Neil... last thing we need is the wet stuff...

Be nice to see the Blue Army and what waifs and strays you can pick up on the way expecting to see @SteelShoe and his pal Arkwright from Asparia as well... hopefully a couple of good meetings for your entertainment...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StevePark said:

You can still book in advance here https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing?eid=20692& or pay at the gate.

The return of Steve Worrall, Bjarne Pedersen, Danny King and Alfie Bowtell and also three times World Champion Jason Crump should also be in the Plymouth line-up.

I'm sure everyone is aware of the situation the Diamonds find themselves in, so it would be great to see a bumper crowd for this one and also for the rest of the season.

Hi Steve  I will be there on Sunday along with a certain Mr Stephen Shovlar.

I have always enjoyed my trips to Tyneside and to Brough Park and I would hate to see the Diamonds close down.

Let's hope the weather gods play ball on Sunday.

Edited by Shaleshifter
  • Like 4

Has it been announced who’s guesting for Matty tomorrow?

Very wary about posting this due to the circumstances, however some will not be able to make it to the meeting (illness, work, distance) and we have to think of them too.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates (one or both parts) to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

Travelling from Preston ( pouring down here but that’s no surprise ) booked a Premier Inn , first visit to Newcastle - made an online donation and hoping to see some Speedway including some Southerners ( full credit to the Poole fans making the trip and any from Plymouth ) , hoping the weather holds off …. setting off at 12.00 .. 148 Miles looking forward to it as a Neutral

• Like 4

I’m just hoping our 2 boys after stay safe after riding for the pirates at least cook will have no excuses if he scores nothing or 1 as he would have rode a meeting before ours.