British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Poole + Plymouth Sun 8 Aug 4pm

14 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Why was the meeting abandoned? 

Heavy shower made track too wet and dangerous.. Two riders came down on first bend in first attempt to run heat 14 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Heavy shower made track too wet and dangerous.. Two riders came down on first bend in first attempt to run heat 14 

Ah thanks. Didn't say that on the updates site so seemed a weird decision. 

• Like 1

Saved us from a more embarrassing defeat poor from Plymouth except pedersen and bowtell cook and ruml nowhere good enough home or away.

7 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Saved us from a more embarrassing defeat poor from Plymouth except pedersen and bowtell cook and ruml nowhere good enough home or away.

Just hope your not bankrupting yourself on “guarantees” for Crump.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I personally thought Cook did ok,  he's riding as third heatleader because of the way the team was built and shouldn't really be there. For his first time seeing the track he was always in the thick of the action.

Shame to see Crump getting well beaten off riders he shouldn't, but personally I think he's been away from the sport for too long. 

• Like 1

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh on cook but seeing him at home every week that’s why I’m saying it .As for Jason I’m starting to think sometimes it’s best to remember a rider the way he once was as I would hate to see him get seriously hurt it’s not worth it it’s with a very heavy heart I say that but I still think pedersen could carry on .

Crumpy, what ya doing?

Sad to see crump looking bad on the first corners time he took time out to think about his racing future, first match against poole was dreadfull to watch from a diamonds point , still nice to see some old faces from derwent park well worth the trip :t:

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for the Plymouth meeting, please? Thanks in advance.

Ht 1 66.7

Ht 2 Awarded

Ht 3 64.5

Ht 4 64.5

Ht 5 63.4

Ht 6 64.0

Ht 7 64.3

Ht 8 65.7

Ht 9 63.3

Ht 10 66.9

Ht 11 65.4

Ht 12 69.4

Ht 13 68.6 

Abandoned after Ht 13 - Rain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Ht 1 66.7

Ht 2 Awarded

Ht 3 64.5

Ht 4 64.5

Ht 5 63.4

Ht 6 64.0

Ht 7 64.3

Ht 8 65.7

Ht 9 63.3

Ht 10 66.9

Ht 11 65.4

Ht 12 69.4

Ht 13 68.6 

Abandoned after Ht 13 - Rain.

That's much appreciated. Thank you.

22 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Looking forward to this. Expect Poole to hit 55 with their heat leaders but I think we have a chance of a win against Plymouth

I actually thought 30-60 but didn’t want to put that on here. Just shows the difference between a team with three heat leaders (not to mention a guest reserve riding like one) against a team with no heat leaders.

Unfortunately, Newcastle heads went down very early on.

I was hoping for a win against a two man Plymouth team even if it turned out not the two I was expecting. 

Good to see the decent crowd and hear the news that 2021 will run to its conclusion. If the Diamonds run in 2022 I will sponsor a heat.

• Like 3

Looks like Newcastle expected to lose to Poole so didn’t put up a fight. Different against Plymouth though.

Sort of highlights the have’s and have nots’ of speedway this season - Leicester Glasgow and Poole in the haves’ section clearly.

• Like 1