British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Poole + Plymouth Sun 8 Aug 4pm

According to Met Office now, the expected rain will be arriving now and stay with us for another hour. It will then clear up with just a sprinkle at about 2.00pm, with no more rain forecast after that. A nice 18 degrees should be warm enough to dry it up somewhat.  So according to the Weather Channel and Weather Live sites they also agree with the Met Office forecasts. So it looks very positive that we will have a meeting with a damp track, just like it should be. 

• Like 2

Looking forward to this. Expect Poole to hit 55 with their heat leaders but I think we have a chance of a win against Plymouth

• Like 1

If Pirates manage an early lead they need to be ruthless rather than the mid-meeting 'laid-back approach' that seems to have been the case lately.

With guests Brennan and Cook, a decent away win is certainly achieveable and would see Pirates go to second place in the Championship with meetings (mainly home) still in hand.

I hope its a good crowd for Newcastle today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

According to Met Office now, the expected rain will be arriving now and stay with us for another hour. It will then clear up with just a sprinkle at about 2.00pm, with no more rain forecast after that. A nice 18 degrees should be warm enough to dry it up somewhat.  So according to the Weather Channel and Weather Live sites they also agree with the Met Office forecasts. So it looks very positive that we will have a meeting with a damp track, just like it should be. 

Hi Tsunami, thanks for the weather updates. I will be there at Brough Park this afternoon.:t:

• Like 1

Bjarne Pedersen maximum anyone?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Hi Tsunami, thanks for the weather updates. I will be there at Brough Park this afternoon.:t:

Can the Newcastle promotion really complain that fans are staying away. I can't imagine routs like that produce great racing, so you can't even use the excuse of.... I don't mind who wins.

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:
Just announced over the tannoy that today's crowd is over 1,000 and a rescue package has been put together allowing Newcastle to see out the remainder of 2021! Well done to everyone involved and fingers crossed there are brighter days ahead for

!

Edit - just saw it on twitter

Yes just seen it on Twitter great news for the Diamonds hopefully Granty can carry on next year.

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:
Just announced over the tannoy that today's crowd is over 1,000 and a rescue package has been put together allowing Newcastle to see out the remainder of 2021! Well done to everyone involved and fingers crossed there are brighter days ahead for

!

Edit - just saw it on twitter

Great News...

Maybe another DH against more closer opponents can also be arranged? 

Especially if the opponents are going for the play offs..

Could maybe charge a bit more? Say £25..?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

These matches just show chasm between good and bad sides in the league, this year the gulf is enormous.

Good news the diamonds can see year out at least.