Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
MartinBSN

Birmingham & Newcastle deadline

47 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

According to some there's been no negligence by the promotion but as you say, don't run two teams when you can't afford to even run one!

Should have ran in the NDL given the circumstances ,decent fans would have supported it in the hope they could move up again if viable in a couple of seasons.Plymouth seem to have done ok with that scenario.Berwick also done it in the 90/s

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Start up a new company buy the assets, business as usual

Clueless

• Like 1

Just now, lewy said:

Clueless

You're just naive 

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

Start up a new company buy the assets, business as usual

Lose your rider base (which you have to have) lose your bond (to the tune of £50k) lose your voting rights

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Lose your rider base (which you have to have) lose your bond (to the tune of £50k) lose your voting rights

or £300k in the bank

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Clueless 

If you think that all coronavirus loans are going to be paid back by the companies that have taken them you really need a reality check

16 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

and probably your rights to be a promoter as you would be regarded as ‘ not fit and proper ‘.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

If you think that all coronavirus loans are going to be paid back by the companies that have taken them you really need a reality check

That's not the point in question. Clueless. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, lewy said:

That's not the point in question. Clueless. 

Well, if you'd elaborate on your one word answers maybe we'd all have a clue as to what the hell you're going on about. So in that respect I guess I am clueless yes

Edited by iainb

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

According to some there's been no negligence by the promotion but as you say, don't run two teams when you can't afford to even run one!

But how were they to know that they don't have a crystal ball... he had the money until the VAT carry on broke... and it was a case of let's try and offer something different but it backfired so dammed if he did and dammed if he didn't and the galling thing is he had put together quite a good NDL team... which brings up the next point...

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Should have ran in the NDL given the circumstances ,decent fans would have supported it in the hope they could move up again if viable in a couple of seasons.Plymouth seem to have done ok with that scenario.Berwick also done it in the 90/s

The costs of putting on a meeting at Brough are quite cost prohibitive.... how many of that hard core support would have remained faithful to the club and a stand alone NDL team... when you seen the numbers that stopped back for the NDL meetings it would not have been enough to cover the rent let alone pay everything else like riders wages... so either way the business haemorrhages money...

I accept the premise of what you are saying but it always comes back to the risk and at the end of the day it isn't your or my money at risk it's Rob Grant... 

Also fans would expect to pay a lesser admission fee as they perceive they are seeing a lesser product... so ergo you would need more through the turnstiles...

To pay for the running costs before you pay a rider you would need a minimum of 250 through the doors at say 10 quid entry and that's before you pay any riders wages... it's back to the streaming arguement again the outlay isn't or can't guarantee the required return... so ultimately is the risk worth it...

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Well, if you'd elaborate on your one word answers maybe we'd all have a clue as to what the hell you're going on about. So in that respect I guess I am clueless yes

One word will suffice I could stretch to 2 in your case and add totally to the mix:t:

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, lewy said:

One word will suffice I could stretch to 2 in your case and add totally to the mix:t:

A bit hostile... not quite sure why, but if it butters your parsnips...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't know why most clubs haven't jumped at the chance of a government loan and then just declare bankruptcy when the time comes to pay it back... there will be thousands of companies up and down the country doing just that!

And get jail for an obvious fraud. Ffs.

17 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

And get jail for an obvious fraud. Ffs.

Not really fraud if you've taken a loan and are unable to pay it back because your business isn't viable. It's what the banks write off as bad debt

It's called playing the system

Edited by iainb