British Speedway Forum
MartinBSN

Birmingham & Newcastle deadline

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I was also present at the Redcar match in question and I certainly didn’t hear anything that  was disrespectful towards Newcastle. I know that Roy has always had Newcastle close to his heart and in my view he has been a huge miss on the presentation side this season.

As the owner it’s totally within Rob’s gift to make the call that he did but IMHO it is Newcastle who have lost out the most from that situation as Roy has continued to build his reputation at Redcar this season while the match night production at Newcastle this season has been rather poor.

Also with Newcastle needing the cash I know for a fact ( Redcar duties permitting) that Roy would of attended all the home meetings this season as he did the first one against Edinburgh as a paying customer … so there is around £200 Rob could of gained 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

1) There has been much debate on this and not to go over old arguments Rob didn't "tear the club apart" many of the "old guard" chose to leave with the previous shower... and haven't been missed to be fare and I would be surprised if any of the fan base knew who they were other than maybe with the exception of RC... and of course not forgetting the two who remained faithful Starting Marshall Phil Day and new Clerk of the Course Brian McBean who both do a cracking job and the club has managed to run without the "suckhole squad" who used to role up and do very little except bring in half a dozen hangers on who didn't pay to get in so very little was lost with them not coming back and on RC.. it was Roy who decided to take it upon himself to denigrate Newcastle at a Redcar meeting which got back to Rob and I believe they have discussed the matter which is now closed and at the end of the day Roy can say what he wants but Rob has the right to protect his business... furthermore Roy was an on cost on the centre green which Rob decided to save upon... personally I like Roy's cheesy craic some don't he's a bit marmite but over 20 meetings in a pre-Covid normal season it is a 2k saving that could be better spent elsewhere I assume. 

2) The food wagon does events and festivals which is Robs business... says what it does in the business name to be fair and the most recent was the Leeds Music Festival... so if you go to any of these events who knows may be... but then again I some how don't think so... you will see Grants events catering providing a service...

At the end of the day one man owns the franchise at Newcastle and how he runs it and protects it is quite frankly down to him and no one else...

Regards 

THJ

An announcer on £100 a meeting ? I think that is a major exaggeration to justify a decision . Roy does a top job, he didn’t slag Newcastle off but Granty overreacted on the say so of tittle tattle, not the first time, but as stated , it’s his club and he runs it how he wants . It’s very sad that the Diamonds look to be no more but some of the stuff put about on here in the recent past hasn’t done the club any favours. I’ll be there on Sunday to pay my respects to a historic club but the last few years , added to this years disaster, has brought about the end of speedway on Tyneside as the fans have drifted away and it’s no longer a sustainable business. That could be repeatable at a few clubs very soon, sadly.

9 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

An announcer on £100 a meeting ? I think that is a major exaggeration to justify a decision . Roy does a top job, he didn’t slag Newcastle off but Granty overreacted on the say so of tittle tattle, not the first time, but as stated , it’s his club and he runs it how he wants . It’s very sad that the Diamonds look to be no more but some of the stuff put about on here in the recent past hasn’t done the club any favours. I’ll be there on Sunday to pay my respects to a historic club but the last few years , added to this years disaster, has brought about the end of speedway on Tyneside as the fans have drifted away and it’s no longer a sustainable business. That could be repeatable at a few clubs very soon, sadly.

How about an announcer on £150 quid a meeting... not Roy I hasten to add and it was a couple of years back now and Roy knows who it is but never mind...

Whatever Roy said and however it was interpreted it pressed the wrong buttons with the Promotion and as you say it is Robs club (for now) and he reacted how he felt appropriate and I think both of them have moved on and whatever has happened it is now confined to the dust bin of history...

Also I would never say it is over til the fat lady sings and there may be a saviour out there who is willing to give it a go if the rumours are correct...

However they are only rumours at the minute and you never know if there is any truth in them and I know that no official approach been made but there may be something in the offing...

No smoke without fire and all that...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

How about an announcer on £150 quid a meeting... not Roy I hasten to add and it was a couple of years back now and Roy knows who it is but never mind...

Think I might have an idea who THJ.......and if I'm thinking right he was well worth it....sadly missed.

• Like 1