British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

GP round 7 Malilla Sweden Saturday August 14th live on BT Sport

Just now, salty said:

And we miss out on Pearson telling us every point matters countless times each GP. 

Don't worry the start gate is computer generated if you didn't know

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The points system is fine..it’s actually much better than somebody winning the meeting, stood on top of the podium and actually losing ground on a rival….that was very hard to explain to a non fan.

• Like 1

The graphics were wrong again on the world feed tonight- NOT FOR THE 1ST TIME

Kubera finished above Thomsen and Woffinden above Fricke. 

Leaderboard

Zmarzlik  121

Laguta  118

lindgren  96

Sayfutdinov 91

Janowski 83

Woffinden 73 

3 minutes ago, Bruiser said:

The points system is fine..it’s actually much better than somebody winning the meeting, stood on top of the podium and actually losing ground on a rival….that was very hard to explain to a non fan.

I think it’s worst telling a non fan someone scores 8 in the meeting then gets 20 for winning one race .the gp in my opinion as gone downhill 

• Like 3

Zmarzlik inner belief just amazing, the moves he can make astonishing

• Like 2

Well it was pretty dire as a spectacle until the two semi's.
You have to hand it to Zmarzlik, didn't look like he was going to make the semi's after 4 rides but to win the GP from that position is "remarkable, Kelv."  So much faith & confidence in his own ability.
Wonder if that will hit the confidence of Laguta, looked like he was going to be leading the series comfortably at the end of the night, at that stage.

Suspect the top 3 tonight will end the series as the top three in that order, with Janowski in fourth.  Some big names are going to have to battle it out for top 6 - Sayfutidnov, Madsen, Doyle & Woffinden.
Lambert isn't having any luck but bad luck currently, but he should learn allot from this, just too naïve at times, don't think he'll do enough to retain his GP spot unless he can do so through the qualifiers.  Needed to finish above the other younger GP regulars - Fricke & Thomsen to have a chance but it's not going to happen.  When he does hit the front though it's clear he has enough speed as he pulls away comfortably.

I hope this is the last season we'll see Kasprzak & Zagar in the series, always liked Zagar but is lacking at this level now.

I think tonight has highlighted the fault in the scoring system like it’s not been highlighted before. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I have to ask. Has Janowski been nobbled? Not made a start since when he was leading the series by a mile. It’s ridiculous that he hadn’t made one start in 4 GP’s. Beyond comprehension. The guy is one of the best riders in the world. Everyone can see he is trying during the race.

I believe his confidence brittle, unlike Zmarzlik.

33 minutes ago, Bruiser said:

Great point...

Besides, it's the same for everyone.

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

I think tonight has highlighted the fault in the scoring system like it’s not been highlighted before. 

I thought he opposite actually. I thought the way Zmarzlik turned it all round was great and I saw that as a positive.

I think I prefer the old scoring system, but I did like the turnaround in tonight's meeting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bruiser said:

I'll be honest, I still prefer the "every point counts" system for what it means to the intensity of the racing in every heat, but the current GP system does remove the potential for weird results like we saw in the SEC this year, which still uses the "every point counts" system.

The round results for the top two were:

Leon Madsen: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 1st

Mikkel Michelsen: 4th, 5th, 1st, 2nd

Series winner was Mikkel....WHAT???

Edited by HenryW

the points system is so flawed losing interest in the gp with this scoring system 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

the points system is so flawed losing interest in the gp with this scoring system 

Add to that some very ordinary racing and the same bloke winning every year and its not gripping viewing for me unfortunately. 

• Like 4

The last half the meeting was good racing, but half a meeting wasted waiting for the track to come to the riders. This is the world championship, the pinnacle. The riders deserve something better, the fans who have paid good money to be there deserve something better, the tv viewers having paid good money to view deserve better, and so do the sponsors of the event and riders alike.             
Malilla is a better race track then we got last night. I know track staff will have worked very hard to get any racing on, and I appreciate that, but it would take not a lot of effort from a load of juniors doing different racing lines for 10 or more laps just to help the track along.

• Like 3