British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

GP round 7 Malilla Sweden Saturday August 14th live on BT Sport

Zmarzlik is from another world, Laguta will need go out of his comfort zone to beat Zmarzlik. I liked old scoring system better.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Paleco said:

Zmarzlik is from another world, Laguta will need go out of his comfort zone to beat Zmarzlik. I liked old scoring system better.

Actually I think Laguta has come out of his comfort zone. His manager says there has been a difference since Laguta winning Prague.  Certainly he is chasing with a view to take on a pass. He went round the outside of Freddie last night…… brave man.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 3

Smarzlik got lucky last night with doyle getting excluded it gave him a free run out wide with doyle there it could have been all different but it’s all ifs and buts now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ray c said:

the points system is so flawed losing interest in the gp with this scoring system 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Add to that some very ordinary racing and the same bloke winning every year and its not gripping viewing for me unfortunately. 

I don't have Bt sport anymore, and can't say I've missed the gps, was getting boring and predictable, and reading comments from this year's series sounds like it ain't getting better, time for a revamp.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, r8gdp said:

I think it’s worst telling a non fan someone scores 8 in the meeting then gets 20 for winning one race .the gp in my opinion as gone downhill 

I agree, every race and point counting was much better and easier to understand.

Also heats 1-20 were more keenly contested, riders now seem happy to accept 2nd and 3rd places after missing the gate.

The meeting doesn’t really come to life until heat 17.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Add to that some very ordinary racing and the same bloke winning every year and its not gripping viewing for me unfortunately. 

I understand you saw GPs when Woffinden was winning every year flawed? Or when Pedersen was winning 6 times? Or maybe Hancock? Did you just stop watching speedway back then?

1 hour ago, r8gdp said:

Smarzlik got lucky last night with doyle getting excluded it gave him a free run out wide with doyle there it could have been all different but it’s all ifs and buts now. 

Agreed but he was brave enough to back his ability to get to the first bend with the option of getting around those inside him. Deserved that luck. Personally I don't think Doyle would have got to the bend in time to hinder his run around the outside.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Falubaz said:

I understand you saw GPs when Woffinden was winning every year flawed? Or when Pedersen was winning 6 times? Or maybe Hancock? Did you just stop watching speedway back then?

you tell me when a rider scores eight points just gets into the semi final  and then awful wins it is not flawed twenty heats that dont mean very much just my opinion of course  

It’s all about getting to semi finals now,can’t really blame riders for settling for a couple of points a race which all but guarantees a semi final place.The top 1/2 dozen don’t really have much trouble 80% of the time

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Agreed but he was brave enough to back his ability to get to the first bend with the option of getting around those inside him. Deserved that luck. Personally I don't think Doyle would have got to the bend in time to hinder his run around the outside.

We will never know but it would have been nicer to see.

In the current climate why do riders still try and get a flier, even when it works they invariably get pulled back by referees, it’s completely stupid but the riders still keep doing it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

It’s all about getting to semi finals now,can’t really blame riders for settling for a couple of points a race which all but guarantees a semi final place.The top 1/2 dozen don’t really have much trouble 80% of the time

And it’s been caused by the new points scoring system.

If every race counted it might improve things.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

And it’s been caused by the new points scoring system.

If every race counted it might improve things.

agree.

1 minute ago, Falubaz said:

Anything that will give Aussie Woffinden an upper hand is good to you

Oh dear you been on the tyskie again 

1 minute ago, Falubaz said:

Anything that will give Aussie Woffinden an upper hand is good to you

Woffinden isnt riding well enough this series to do any good.

His bikes look slow and his trapping is terrible., and some of his riding lines are a bit suspect as well.