British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

CHANGE OF FIXTURE WEDS AUG 11 ..NOW BIRMINGHAM V LEICESTER CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE

I understand some inconvenience from the fixture changes but if hotels etc have been booked through an on line booking it can usually be cancelled 24/48 hours before the date at no cost. I've been screwed up a few times by fixture changes and the weather and it can be a pain in the ass. 

23 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be fair..

It is UK Speedway..

Hardly surprising is it?

I am to be honest, given the clear track record and history, surprised anyone would plan in anything around the UK fixtures given so much can change at a moments notice..

Its brave people who do..

Been a while since I planned a 3 away track visit but this was doable in one go. I would be hard pressed to do these tracks in 3 separate visits. 

This is the UK’s second city that is hosting the 2022 Commonwealth Games. Hope they are more organised than the Brummies.

2 minutes ago, Petecc said:

I understand some inconvenience from the fixture changes but if hotels etc have been booked through an on line booking it can usually be cancelled 24/48 hours before the date at no cost. I've been screwed up a few times by fixture changes and the weather and it can be a pain in the ass. 

“Some inconvenience.” Monarchs match could easily have been changed to league fixture. The point is some of  us are already down South and there is no other match on Wednesday which suits.And don’t even suggest Birmingham v Leicester. It isn’t a wee jaunt down the motorway for me.

The Edinburgh promotion should of also take into consideration there supporters as going on past experience the monarchs fans have always been keen travellers, they have agreed to this change knowing a mini tour was going on, they could of said we will change but any of our supporters left out of pocket are to be compensated 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The Edinburgh promotion should of also take into consideration there supporters as going on past experience the monarchs fans have always been keen travellers, they have agreed to this change knowing a mini tour was going on, they could of said we will change but any of our supporters left out of pocket are to be compensated 

If a friend hadn’t let me know I probably wouldn’t have found out about Brummy match change untilTuesday at Kent.

Even if you have a non refundable hotel booking, it's worth sending an email explaining the event you were going to has been postponed, and asking if they could possibly give you a credit so you can rebook for the relevant new date, the hotel still retains a booking so still get the money and in the current climate i reckon you will find most hotels, airlines etc are prepared to be flexible, afterall they are in the same state of ever changing circumstances as all of us. Don't forget to mention you're from North of the border, i'm positive no hotel would want to turn down those potential takings at the bar.

11 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Even if you have a non refundable hotel booking, it's worth sending an email explaining the event you were going to has been postponed, and asking if they could possibly give you a credit so you can rebook for the relevant new date, the hotel still retains a booking so still get the money and in the current climate i reckon you will find most hotels, airlines etc are prepared to be flexible, afterall they are in the same state of ever changing circumstances as all of us. Don't forget to mention you're from North of the border, i'm positive no hotel would want to turn down those potential takings at the bar.

Managed to get refund from Travel lodge tonight. It’s the principal. Why would I book for relevant new date after this stunt?

30 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Nothing on the Edinburgh website as yet. Still says we are at Birmingham on Wednesday.  Were they consulted?

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Joke

Very surprised Edinburgh agreed to this and did not consider just a league fixture change.Typical “mushroom syndrome” regarding supporters.

12 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Managed to get refund from Travel lodge tonight. It’s the principal. Why would I book for relevant new date after this stunt?

My post was aimed at hotels etc not the great and the good of the BSPL. Lets be honesti t's not the hotels fault that the meeting has been cancelled, my suggestion was based on you have a No change no refund booking, but if you ask them nicely in the current climate thay may allow you to alter your booking. You struck lucky and got a refund

Well I was going to the original Leicester meeting on the 25th but cannot make the 11th.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Well I was going to the original Leicester meeting on the 25th but cannot make the 11th.

Suspect that will be the date offered for the Edinburgh KOC meeting with the league meeting remaining 15th October.

Shame I was looking forward to us beating Edinburgh . :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Should try and pay using Scottish notes... there's no way they'd take the money!

It's a shame that Birmingham, Leicester or Edinburgh haven't acknowledged the Edinburgh fans. 

If it's now policy that league matches take precedence what's the incentive to go to a KoC match in the likelihood (with all these cancellations on forecasts) that the competition won't be completed!

Looking at the remaining fixtures of many clubs I can see the ko Cup being dunped just to get the league finished.

Blame the weather