British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

CHANGE OF FIXTURE WEDS AUG 11 ..NOW BIRMINGHAM V LEICESTER CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE

2 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Looking at the remaining fixtures of many clubs I can see the ko Cup being dunped just to get the league finished.

Blame the weather 

The long range forecast for October looks pretty poor..

(Not actually looked but probably is as it is October after all)....

Therefore probably best to call off every October match now...

Just in case.... 

Save travelling costs for the fans and rent payments to stadium owners, as well as travelling expenses for riders.. 

To be honest, next April isn't looking too clever either...

(Probably).... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Deano said:

Shame I was looking forward to us beating Edinburgh . :D

Shame I was looking forward to at least getting to see a match in the Midlands my team were riding in.

10 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

Pretty much says it all, Brum need to maximise income so have binned off  Edinburgh for a local Darby against Leicester.. 

Edited by M.D

1 hour ago, davieb1 said:

Only added to website 4 hours ago.  Well after the announcement by Birmingham.

Edited by edmon
getting timing right

47 minutes ago, M.D said:

Pretty much says it all, Brum need to maximise income so have binned off  Edinburgh for a local Darby against Leicester.. 

Not even an apology to Edinburgh supporters - says it all about Birmingham promotion.  At least Eastbourne let Armadale supporters into the Plymouth meeting free after cancelling the double headed fixture against the Seagulls at short notice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Speedway fan said:

As it's a Sunday and the e-mails might not be monitored 24/7, 7 days a week then perhaps  that's why it's not been answered ??

Sent it yesterday and I won’t hold my breath.

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Sent it yesterday and I won’t hold my breath.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

In anticipation of a first visit to Plymouth, I emailed the Gladiators well in advance to ask how to get from the city centre to the stadium by public transport.  Still awaiting a reply five days after the meeting. :neutral:

At the Glasgow meeting on 25th July, I only had a card to make payment for a programme, but was kindly given one on the promise that I would transfer the money asap. I emailed the Tigers asking how to make payment and also offering to make a donation to the Ulrich Ostergaard collection.  Again, did not even receive an acknowledgement.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, edmon said:

Not even an apology to Edinburgh supporters - says it all about Birmingham promotion.  At least Eastbourne let Armadale supporters into the Plymouth meeting free after cancelling the double headed fixture against the Seagulls at short notice.

Yes, thats a bit poor and its coming across as a bit desperate which is more of a worry..

I can sympathise with Edinburgh supporters who have had their planned visit to B'ham disrupted, but I sympathise far more with the B'ham fans who face losing their beloved Brummies once again.....

The fixture switch is obviously essential to our existence.....but I can only think that it's another temporary stay of execution and might just be an opportunity to pay off some of the clubs accrued debts so far this season.....I totally understand and have empathy for the Masons.....they've done their best!

57 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I can sympathise with Edinburgh supporters who have had their planned visit to B'ham disrupted, but I sympathise far more with the B'ham fans who face losing their beloved Brummies once again.....

The fixture switch is obviously essential to our existence.....but I can only think that it's another temporary stay of execution and might just be an opportunity to pay off some of the clubs accrued debts so far this season.....I totally understand and have empathy for the Masons.....they've done their best!

Why change it so late? 

13 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Why change it so late? 

They need the money ???

League match V Leicester  or poxy cup match v Edinburgh ???

No brainer as far as income's concerned....

• Like 1