British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

CHANGE OF FIXTURE WEDS AUG 11 ..NOW BIRMINGHAM V LEICESTER CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

They need the money ???

League match V Leicester  or poxy cup match v Edinburgh ???

No brainer as far as income's concerned....

Yes but the crowd will be way down the next week , so they will be saying that's the end? 

27 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Yes but the crowd will be way down the next week , so they will be saying that's the end? 

Yes I know....but this weeks money will help pay off some of the 'losses' so far this season.... (just guessing)

We will probably try and swap the next 2 fixtures, so we face Poole and Redcar ? (better away attendances)

As soon as the attendance falls below a certain level, it looks like we'll struggle to stay alive....

The club website says week by week survival ?

Not much to enthuse about knowing that each Heat 15 could be the last?

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Yes I know....but this weeks money will help pay off some of the 'losses' so far this season.... (just guessing)

We will probably try and swap the next 2 fixtures, so we face Poole and Redcar ? (better away attendances)

As soon as the attendance falls below a certain level, it looks like we'll struggle to stay alive....

The club website says week by week survival ?

Not much to enthuse about knowing that each Heat 15 could be the last?

But why should it be OK for Birmingham to change fixtures when it suits? Then the less attractive fixtures get but back don't suit them we are closing.  It's makes british speedway look stupid. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

But why should it be OK for Birmingham to change fixtures when it suits? Then the less attractive fixtures get but back don't suit them we are closing.  It's makes british speedway look stupid. 

Given the crowd levels earlier in the season I would think that they will desperately need cash to pay some bills..

With a fair amount of those bills belonging to people and organisations within Speedway...

As for making British Speedway appear stupid? I personally dont think it does..

Many other things that happen certainly do granted, but not this..

Good, common sense, crisis management...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

And it wasn't already? (looking stupid...);) British speedway lost its credibility some years ago...(IMO)

Nobody is saying that it's acceptable....we are just sympathising with the 'management's' struggles etc....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

It does seem the whole league is having to pander to brums needs/wishes every team has had to operate through exceptional circumstances this last 12months,what happens if brum goes ** up and the clubs who have raced at Perry bar and picked up points, paid their riders expenses and points money only to have the result cancelled do they get any recompense?

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

It does seem the whole league is having to pander to brums needs/wishes every team has had to operate through exceptional circumstances this last 12months,what happens if brum goes ** up and the clubs who have raced at Perry bar and picked up points, paid their riders expenses and points money only to have the result cancelled do they get any recompense?

'whole League' ? that's a bit off the mark....

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

'whole League' ? that's a bit off the mark....

What club in their right mind would want to ride at Birmingham, when they have stated it potentially could be the last meeting ,not ideal. 

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

What club in their right mind would want to ride at Birmingham, when they have stated it potentially could be the last meeting ,not ideal. 

I don't see how that affects the 'opposition' ? it wouldn't put me off going if I was an away supporter.

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Those that have already had their home fixture will be quids in without the away match to pay for if Birmingham doesnt make it to the season end..

Unfortunately those who have already been to Birmingham, but havent hosted them, will find themselves out of pocket.. 

However, isnt that what "The Bond" is for?

To ensure other clubs (and other creditors), dont lose out financially if a track closes? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

Those that have already had their home fixture will be quids in without the away match to pay for if Birmingham doesnt make it to the season end..

Unfortunately those who have already been to Birmingham, but havent hosted them, will find themselves out of pocket.. 

However, isnt that what "The Bond" is for?

To ensure other clubs (and other creditors), dont lose out financially if a track closes? 

I hope so.

Maybe if they had just conceded the KO cup tie to Redcar,they would still have some money left in the kitty instead of having to fork out money they didn’t have for replay;)

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

They need the money ???

League match V Leicester  or poxy cup match v Edinburgh ???

No brainer as far as income's concerned....

Birmingham probably have a better chance of winning the KOC than reaching the play-offs, so why is it a "poxy cup match"?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe if they had just conceded the KO cup tie to Redcar,they would still have some money left in the kitty instead of having to fork out money they didn’t have for replay;)

Ouch.... :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Birmingham probably have a better chance of winning the KOC than reaching the play-offs, so why is it a "poxy cup match"?

I'd rather the club survive than win 'any' Cup match....

The reason I say it's poxy,  is because it should be Redcar facing Edinburgh,  not us!