British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

CHANGE OF FIXTURE WEDS AUG 11 ..NOW BIRMINGHAM V LEICESTER CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE

If I come over to Perry Barr to see this meeting and park on the One Stop car park, which is the best way to walk to the track? I've looked on Google but that's not much good because everywhere looks like one big building site. Presumably due to the Commonwealth Games. 

I'm also coming over and  looking at where to park. Holford Drive was mentioned on a previous thread. Looking at Google maps there's a housing estate just north of One Stop (Cliveden Ave etc). Is that any good?. Seems to be a crossing over the A34 to get to the stadium and easy access to M6 Junction 7.

Thanks 

58 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

If I come over to Perry Barr to see this meeting and park on the One Stop car park, which is the best way to walk to the track? I've looked on Google but that's not much good because everywhere looks like one big building site. Presumably due to the Commonwealth Games. 

We just dodged the traffic last week. The whole area has turned into a bulding site since my last visit in 2019.

3 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Come out if one stop car park, on  to the main road.
Turn left. Walk about 300 yards to the traffic light /crossing. Cross the road then walk back towards one stop.

Follow the pavement around to the left at the roadworks, directly opposite  the one stop entrance. 
stadium car park/ entrance is 100 yards on your left. 
itwill take you no more than 10 minutes. 

the stadium  car park was rammed very early last week and the gates closed . Best to park in one stop. It is safe, secure parking with cctv 

13 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

13 hours ago, LionsFan said:

I'm also coming over and  looking at where to park. Holford Drive was mentioned on a previous thread. Looking at Google maps there's a housing estate just north of One Stop (Cliveden Ave etc). Is that any good?. Seems to be a crossing over the A34 to get to the stadium and easy access to M6 Junction 7.

Thanks 

Once you walk out of the one stop shopping centre from the north entrance/exit you can see the stadium, so just follow your nose

14 hours ago, LionsFan said:

Thanks 

When you walk out of one stop you can turn right, head up towards the bus interchange and there's a temporary pedestrian crossing there now, near to the Paddy Power. 

Also you can cross like before the flyover went, except obviously no flyover now. At start of season they had fences up so we had to walk up to clivedon avenue and cross there but you can cross there, just becareful. Leave a bit earlier for traffic but it ain't too bad if your coming from M6 direction which is most people

Edited by Brummie Kev

I have said this before, but I park outside the warehouses on the left in Walsall Road; this saves crossing the road!

Looking to come over to Birmingham for this meeting, most probably on a motorbike and wondering if parking is available at the stadium as I don't fancy the apparent alternatives of using a nearby shopping car park or road. 

Just now, 1 valve said:

Looking to come over to Birmingham for this meeting, most probably on a motorbike and wondering if parking is available at the stadium as I don't fancy the apparent alternatives of using a nearby shopping car park or road. 

The stadium car park fills up really early. I was there for about 6:20pm last week and I thought I heard a guy suggest shutting the gates then. One Stop does have CCTV and is the preferred alternative. JJ above does mention the warehouses on the Walsall Rd. The promotion wouldn't recommend parking outside private houses as it's these people historically that complain to the council about noise etc etc.

2 minutes ago, Deano said:

The stadium car park fills up really early. I was there for about 6:20pm last week and I thought I heard a guy suggest shutting the gates then. One Stop does have CCTV and is the preferred alternative. JJ above does mention the warehouses on the Walsall Rd. The promotion wouldn't recommend parking outside private houses as it's these people historically that complain to the council about noise etc etc.

Thanks for the heads up. Most stadiums put aside some space for bikes and I was hoping this was the case at Birmingham. 

35 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Motorcycle parking is at the main entrance. Once you have parked you just walk around to the car park and go in as normal. 

8 hours ago, Petecc said:

Motorcycle parking is at the main entrance. Once you have parked you just walk around to the car park and go in as normal. 

Cheers. 

Pete means the main entrance on Kingstanding Road, behind the grandstand.