British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

British U19 Final, Mildenhall, 22/08/21

Being the only stand alone NDL track, Mildenhall were given this meeting to pad out their short season.

And it looks as if they have mucked up.

feeling like east Anglian speedway death wish

Ok how many if you posting moaning about the track were there  today ?

Yes it may had problems in the past but what track hasn't had problems at times due to the weather.

Track looked ok ,I'm no expert but when you have the rides come out for the parade only for the heavens to open for about 10/15 what can you do? 

That about of rain is always going effect the track , can't do anything about that.

Fair play to the young riders who dispite knowing it was going to be tricky still went out there and have it a go. 

In my visits to West Row when the track was a distinct egg shape and Andy Galvin would do 4 laps without putting his left foot down in one continuous power slide ... I am certain the track surface was diced turnips ( that what the lumps looked like the the track rakers were puliing onto the gate positions of the Hackney riders  :-):-)  We told them too  ;-) and those rakers used some good old fruity language  .... a right old laugh with the boys from suffolk. ;-) ;-)

Always remember Sunday afternoons at West Row withte free airshow from the USAF based at Midlenhall.

32 minutes ago, Pob said:

Yes it may had problems in the past but what track hasn't had problems at times due to the weather.

Track looked ok ,I'm no expert but when you have the rides come out for the parade only for the heavens to open for about 10/15 what can you do? 

That about of rain is always going effect the track , can't do anything about that.

Fair play to the young riders who dispite knowing it was going to be tricky still went out there and have it a go. 

The track was shocking. Yes it rained, but the question is why it took so little rain to make it completely unrideable.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pob said:

I used to like my trips to Mildenhall but one too many poor meetings and increasing bad reports keeps me and im sure plenty of others away. Its a tricky track to curate given its shape, surface and size. Sadly the new promotion are struggling to get to grips with this.

12 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Brain fart! Scrambled by the strength of the line up, looks arguably stronger than the U21s.

Should be a tough meeting but good experience for him, still got a better chance than Keleher or Goret. 

Both Goret and Keleher out scored Mulford.

Longtrack is a very different beast to "regular" speedway. (Stan Burza (43) qualified for the longtrack GP!)

There were eight falls in Mildenhall's home meeting with Armadale at the start of the month, I asked the question on the match thread at the time about the track but never got an answer, I assume few Fen Tigers fans frequent the forum nowadays. I've seen some fantastic speedway at West Row in the past (was a regular 2006-09) but there have been various reports of the circuit being difficult since then in the third tier. Overnight rain and then more this afternoon won't have helped and the track could have been fine without that, the whole situation is a real shame for everybody. I'm just glad I didn't risk it and travel an hour for what would have been my first meeting of the season, my enthusiasm is at an all time low and today might have been the final straw for me.

Mildenhall can be a decent little track, in my view though nowhere near as good as the old boarded circuit

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

Mildenhall can be a decent little track, in my view though nowhere near as good as the old boarded circuit

The pre stock cars and greyhounds boarded circuit.

• Like 1

If ever there was a case for a couple of riders trying out the track before the meeting started - surely this was it ? Could have fed back to the ref and promoter and avoided the injuries that occurred.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arnieg said:

Both Goret and Keleher out scored Mulford.

Longtrack is a very different beast to "regular" speedway. (Stan Burza (43) qualified for the longtrack GP!)

Very true and expected Mulford to do little just Keleher and Goret exceeded expectations. Longtrack is far more brain and setup than regular speedway but delighted to see Waj through safely.

If this meeting is to be restaged it wont be at Mildenhall.

Statement from Mildenhall Speedway -
After due consideration the four of us have decided against putting ourselves forward to run a restaging of the British U19 Final at Mildenhall. In such austere times as we currently find ourselves, especially in Speedway, we do not feel it is in the interest of the clubs future sustainability to take on a meeting that has already cost us financially.
We feel we did a fantastic job with the U21 Semi Final and due to events outside our control were prevented from a similar success with the U19 Final.
We understand this will disappoint some supporters but hope they will understand our decision that the clubs future success outweighs this one meeting.
This now leaves us with a free date on Sunday 19th September, we are currently looking at the options to run a meeting that day and will advise supporters as soon as possible.
Finally to remind everyone that rain off tickets from the British U19 Final on Sunday 22nd August can be used for any other Mildenhall home meeting this season.
Should you not be able to return to Mildenhall this season and wish to claim a refund please email pakmft16@btinternet.com for details on how to claim your refund
As always thank you for your wonderful and loyal support

16 hours ago, screm said:

If this meeting is to be restaged it wont be at Mildenhall.

Statement from Mildenhall Speedway -
After due consideration the four of us have decided against putting ourselves forward to run a restaging of the British U19 Final at Mildenhall. In such austere times as we currently find ourselves, especially in Speedway, we do not feel it is in the interest of the clubs future sustainability to take on a meeting that has already cost us financially.
We feel we did a fantastic job with the U21 Semi Final and due to events outside our control were prevented from a similar success with the U19 Final.
We understand this will disappoint some supporters but hope they will understand our decision that the clubs future success outweighs this one meeting.
This now leaves us with a free date on Sunday 19th September, we are currently looking at the options to run a meeting that day and will advise supporters as soon as possible.
Finally to remind everyone that rain off tickets from the British U19 Final on Sunday 22nd August can be used for any other Mildenhall home meeting this season.
Should you not be able to return to Mildenhall this season and wish to claim a refund please email pakmft16@btinternet.com for details on how to claim your refund
As always thank you for your wonderful and loyal support

Why can they not make money re-staging a BU19F but they can running a mickey mouse cup I wonder?

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Why can they not make money re-staging a BU19F but they can running a mickey mouse cup I wonder?

Dictated pay rates, prize monies, BSPL fees, 16 rider field etc. Running the mickey mouse cup could be done with a 12 rider field, own decided rates of pay and entrance fees. Wise decision by the Mildenhall promotion given how the season is heading and lack of fixtures any that incur a loss will be left in a dangerous position.

• Like 1