Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

British U19 Final, Mildenhall, 22/08/21

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Brain fart! Scrambled by the strength of the line up, looks arguably stronger than the U21s.

Should be a tough meeting but good experience for him, still got a better chance than Keleher or Goret. 

But also, it does take precedent over the championship meetings, hence Archie Freeman's involvement over riding for Newcastle 

But yeah, swap Brennan and Jenkins for Flint and Rowe essentially and it's pretty much the same lineup. 

Edited by Marshall07
  • Thanks 1

Any weather reports from the West Row vicinity?

They've posted a few times on Facebook this morning no overnight rain and currently cloudy but dry at West row. 

Fingers crossed

Kemp going for a 3rd title , Rowe been brilliant at times this season , Brennan and Palin having great season so far it's a tough call but even thou I'm a Witches fan I think Flint will take some stopping.

Gets better every time I see him race , if I betting my money would be on Leon. 

50 minutes ago, Pob said:

Kemp going for a 3rd title , Rowe been brilliant at times this season , Brennan and Palin having great season so far it's a tough call but even thou I'm a Witches fan I think Flint will take some stopping.

Gets better every time I see him race , if I betting my money would be on Leon. 

Flint has crammed quite alot of experience in a minimum amount of time also has gained some valuable experience abroad.Rode at Belle Vue, Birmingham, Berwick and has made great strides he has also really picked up for Wolves.He also has been unlucky at times with some mechanical issues  this year which has cost him for me i will stick with Brennan. Saying that i  don’t mind who wins it should be a cracker of a meeting.

Edited by Sidney the robin

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

How is Brennan going to win this, hes not listed as in the line up and hes not under 19

Yeah i wondered that also, same as Jenkins being mentioned earlier in the thread, he also isn't in it as to old.

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

How is Brennan going to win this, hes not listed as in the line up and hes not under 19

Oops could of sworn he was in the entries , not to worry should be a great meeting Brennan aged 20 now time fly’s.

Exclusions galore already, glad we stayed at home.

I know the weather hasn't been ideal but the track at Mildenhall has been pretty poor most meetings this season. Its an unforgiving track at the best of times but can produce brilliant racing on a good day sadly the lesser days appear to be creeping up and that can't be great for the longer term future. 

An embarrassing episode for Mildenhall today I’m afraid. Yes, there was a period of rain but nothing significant enough that should’ve resulted in that meeting being postponed. As a previous poster had mentioned, it’s an unforgiving track and the track must be prepared well, especially considering the age of the participants today. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve been to Mildenhall now and watched them have to try and resolve a poor surface. Without a doubt, it was the right call to postpone it before more riders got hurt.

Best wishes to Nathan Ablitt, that was a horrible crash and I hope his injuries are not too severe. 

A real disappointment when looking at today’s line up and hoping for a well contested event. What I believe this does show is why events are consistently held at tracks like Belle Vue and Wolves. You can rely on them not to create a shambles like what was seen today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Speedway28 said:

An embarrassing episode for Mildenhall today I’m afraid. Yes, there was a period of rain but nothing significant enough that should’ve resulted in that meeting being postponed. As a previous poster had mentioned, it’s an unforgiving track and the track must be prepared well, especially considering the age of the participants today. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve been to Mildenhall now and watched them have to try and resolve a poor surface. Without a doubt, it was the right call to postpone it before more riders got hurt.

Best wishes to Nathan Ablitt, that was a horrible crash and I hope his injuries are not too severe. 

A real disappointment when looking at today’s line up and hoping for a well contested event. What I believe this does show is why events are consistently held at tracks like Belle Vue and Wolves. You can rely on them not to create a shambles like what was seen today. 

Which of course begs the question when Championships are allocated elsewhere

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Which of course begs the question when Championships are allocated elsewhere

Not really, the less prestigious finals such as this, and the U-21’s are usually given to clubs who express an interest in staging them as they are not likely to make the hosting club a substantial profit.

Totally different scenario for the bigger meetings where there is potential for a larger crowd.