British Speedway Forum
Triple.H.

Philip Rising R.I.P

Sad news..R.I.P. Phil

Very sad news indeed - RIP Phil 

Guest compost

Very sad news indeed. RiP Phil.

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Sad news. Phil was a fellow Plough Lane regular. RIP.

Aye, Tony; always remember his "Rising to the Occasion" in the Wimbledon progs.

I don't think I ever actually met him, but it is very sad. Like others have mentioned, I'd been wondering why he had been missing from here recently.

R.I.P. Phil

Very sorry to hear of the loss of a truly great friend of Speedway.

I will miss his erudite postings on this Forum, they were always well worth reading.

I would like to offer my condolences to his family and friends at this very sad time. I never met Phil but he had my total respect.

R.I.P. + Phil.

• Like 3

Really sad news. As others have said, a great advocate for the sport who will be sadly missed. RIP.

Condolences to his family and friends, His contribution to the sport should not be forgotten and I hope that the clubs make a fitting mention of his passing. RIP.

Phil was a great journalist. H was a man who didn't suffer self serving short sighted "johnny cum lately"..hence his contempt of the recent governership of British speedway. 

We were friends for 40 odd years..always great company and he was actually very shy .#

An evening in his company along with Frosty..Oaksie, Scoop, Scotty, Clarkie, Mike Patrick, Terry, Briggo, Ole, etc..magical..

Rest well my Sarasota golfing mate...you were a class act

Jimbo x

• Like 8

Terrible news, Phil was a lovely man and was a real supporter of speedway in general.

Very easy to talk too and an excellent communicator.

Condolences to his family and to friends and staff at the star who will really miss his input.

• Like 1

Terrible news. Had a few minor spats with Phil over the last year or so re: brexit but didn’t even know he was unwell. Condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P.

RIP Mr Rising i never met him but as a young man i always looked forward to reading the Speedway Star every week, he along with everyone at the Speedway Star did a great job promoting the Sport throughout the UK and elsewhere, he will be missed and was a person that it will be difficult if not impossible to replace, make no mistake the Sport will be poorer for his passing, I just hope the powers that be remember him in a way a man of his standing deserves, God rest his soul.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 2