British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Redcar. Championship. 11th August 2021

24 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Poole fans you best get use to this  as it’s a fact  Stadia uk don’t want speedway at the stadium and they will make a bigger profit margin  by the stadium been re developed to something else  ie housing  . It’s a modern scourge to get speedway out of prime locations for profit

They are lease holders. They don’t own the stadium. They cannot submit plans to build houses as they don’t own it!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Poole fans you best get use to this  as it’s a fact  Stadia uk don’t want speedway at the stadium and they will make a bigger profit margin  by the stadium been re developed to something else  ie housing  . It’s a modern scourge to get speedway out of prime locations for profit

They only rent the stadium from the council and sub let it to the speedway.  If they owned it then it would be flats by now 

I feel bad for the Redcar fans. Also hope the council have a good relationship with Matt? As I'm guessing Stadia Uk/GI will try their hardest to convince the council to see things their way? 

• Sad 1

and what is  stadia uk way regarding covid .you ought to feel sorry for the people who tested positive with covid and the staff who have got to self isolate for 10 days as well just saying 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I feel bad for the Redcar fans. Also hope the council have a good relationship with Matt? As I'm guessing Stadia Uk/GI will try their hardest to convince the council to see things their way? 

9 minutes ago, therefused said:

Poole should have to forfeit the fixture 

Why? Unfortunately the club don't have any control over this. GI don't want speedway there so they are hardly going to bend over backwards to try and get the meeting on imo. Let's see what happens on the 18th first. 

20 minutes ago, therefused said:

Poole should have to forfeit the fixture 

A crass stupid pointless posting.

Speedway has enough problems as it is. Poole Pirates should not forfeit this fixture in any circumstances.:mad:

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Why? Unfortunately the club don't have any control over this. GI don't want speedway there so they are hardly going to bend over backwards to try and get the meeting on imo. Let's see what happens on the 18th first. 

no and nor does stadia uk its the law a certain person worked there socks off yesterday afternoon to get this meeting on to no avail you got no idea of this situation .you might change your mind if you ended up with covid 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Presumably the Stadia UK Deputy Manager is the official Licensed Premises Supervisor - all large venues holding public events with alcohol must have one - so without him/her on site the stadium cannot operate.

Its unusual for a large venue to only have one LPS but as Stadia UK laid off all bar a couple of staff then I guess its to be expected.

So if Stadia UK decided the bars would be closed for the night, could the meeting have gone  ahead ? After all they still have the rent from the  Speedway !!

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They are lease holders. They don’t own the stadium. They cannot submit plans to build houses as they don’t own it!

I think you will find anyone can submit plans for anywhere! you "just" have to pay for the plans & planning fees.

All I keep hearing is there is no money in speedway now etc  , I beg to differ why would Steve Worrall drive from his Cleethorpes home for a home meeting in Poole  which is approx 280 miles away and a minimum of a 6 hour drive one way ?????

Just when you thought you had heard every excuse/reason for cancelling a speedway meeting , then you see this.

I suppose it had to happen sometime during a pandemic. :sad:

One point for Poole one point for Redcar , and lets move on.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Just when you thought you had heard every excuse/reason for cancelling a speedway meeting , then you see this.

Why would they not run the meeting in the next month or so? This cancellation would have been the last thing the Poole promotion would have wanted, smack bang in the middle of the holiday season and the weather set fair.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What's the point of the SCB awarding a point each. Another stupid pointless reply. 

Restage the meeting so both sets of fans can attend and create revenue.

• Like 2