British Speedway Forum

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think Baldy just has shares in realism!

Not just shares,,, I own that mother f 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

How about be grateful for what is shown,,,if they don't show it no one else will

Sadly it is attitudes like this in UK domestic speedway that have helped it to be on the brink of extinction. Same thing at / in the stadium feedback never encouraged or wanted.

• Like 1

Belle Vue v Kings Lynn next Monday has been pulled from the schedule and will not be shown. One might have thought that Peterborough v Wolves the same night would be the ideal match to replace it with but NO !!!!

44 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Belle Vue v Kings Lynn next Monday has been pulled from the schedule and will not be shown. One might have thought that Peterborough v Wolves the same night would be the ideal match to replace it with but NO !!!!

Makes you wonder if they will show the full amount of matches they originally promised.

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Can't blame em for not showing it,,, it would be going up against the World Gurning Championship 

:rofl:

14 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Can't blame em for not showing it,,, it would be going up against the World Gurning Championship 

And Pete Adams already in that

• Haha 1

Perhaps Eurosport now realise what a crap product they have signed up to and wish they had shown the Championship instead as it's just the same riders but more variety of venues? 

Also how can anyone take serious an "elite" league of 6 teams where the top 4 then enter the play offs? What is the actual point of showing any more of the regular season when the play off slots have already been all but decided? What is there to race for? It could be now that Eurosport are just going to show the play-offs and final as that is basically what the season is. 

• Like 6

On 8/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, Baldyman said:

How about be grateful for what is shown,,,if they don't show it no one else will

How about trying to have a sensible debate instead of lecturing to everyone

5 hours ago, JamesHarris said:

Perhaps Eurosport now realise what a crap product they have signed up to and wish they had shown the Championship instead as it's just the same riders but more variety of venues? 

Also how can anyone take serious an "elite" league of 6 teams where the top 4 then enter the play offs? What is the actual point of showing any more of the regular season when the play off slots have already been all but decided? What is there to race for? It could be now that Eurosport are just going to show the play-offs and final as that is basically what the season is. 

I don't disagree but if they've agreed to show a certain number of matches then that's what they should do. 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't disagree but if they've agreed to show a certain number of matches then that's what they should do. 

Maybe they have studied weather forecasts weeks in advance and decided not to bother.... :D

Or decided it's more profitable to do less meetings than scheduled so as to save money.... :rolleyes:

See..

Maybe even after such a short amount of time Eurosport are "getting" Speedway and are copying their model...

They will be bringing in Guest broadcasters to cover it soon, when they need to be elsewhere covering Kabaddi on the same night, and start asking to be granted a facility to utilise "ER" (Eurosport Replacement)....;)

Edited by mikebv

Looking at purchasing a Eurosport subscription next season for my Father - who currently has BT sport to watch the SGP's .... but from what I read on here Eurosport coverage is poor, and its by no means certain that they wil cover the SGP next season ? Anyone in the know have any advice please ?

He certainly hasny been impressed by the highlights offered on Quest this season.

5 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Looking at purchasing a Eurosport subscription next season for my Father - who currently has BT sport to watch the SGP's .... but from what I read on here Eurosport coverage is poor, and its by no means certain that they wil cover the SGP next season ? Anyone in the know have any advice please ?

He certainly hasny been impressed by the highlights offered on Quest this season.

My best advice is to wait until Eurosport events  sort the  TV contracts.

• Like 1

I would like all speedway to be under one roof, (Polish, Swedish, GPs and British) on a channel that you can get via an online subscription, no need for SKY tv or cable packages etc

Eurosport do really like speedway as they are showing highlights of the Individual Championships from Belle Vue as apart from the repeats they have already shown since Saturday, Sky Q has shown me these are the others repeats for the following 7 days. So in case you missed the programme and the highlights that they have already shown folks, there are highlights at the following times

Tomorrow  6pm -- Eurosport 2

Friday  10.30 am --  Eurosport 2

3 pm -- Eurosport 2

Sunday 6.30 am -- Eurosport 2

6.00 pm -- Eurosport 2

Monday 2.00 am Eurosport 2

3.00 am -- Eurosport 1

7 am --  Eurosport 1     

6 pm  -- Eurosport 2

11.00 pm -- Eurosport 2

Tuesday 11 am -- Eurosport 2

6 pm -- Eurosport 2